Asparagus is one of my most favorite vegetables and we eat it lots at our house and this red pepper asparagus is a fun way to prepare it.
. Probably more than any other vegetable. Today I am sharing a little dressed up version of my favorite vegetable. Usually when I cook it I just simply roast it with some olive oil and kosher salt but for something special like Easter it is fun to dress it up a bit.
The first step is to roast it in the oven with some olive oil, fresh garlic and salt on a baking sheet. I prefer my asparagus on the thinner side
After roasting it until it is fork tender, the magic happens. After pulling it out of the oven drizzle it with some red wine vinegar.
Before I roast the it though I like to prepare the red pepper and breadcrumb topping. Not only does it give the vegetable some fun crunch and texture I love the color combo!
The topping is a combo of panko bread crumbs, chopped toasted almonds, and sliced red pepper I just mix it all together and then roast it in the oven on a baking sheet until the bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown. I love my small jelly roll pan. It’s a 1/4 sheet and I use it all the time!
After you have roasted your asparagus and drizzled it with olive oil, sprinkle on the topping.
All that is left to do is enjoy!
You may also want to try:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 C red pepper cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place asparagus on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 5 minutes in oven. Turn once. Roast until desired tenderness is obtained. Will vary depending on size of asparagus.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs, almonds, red pepper and red pepper flakes together. Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast in oven for 2-4 minutes or until bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown. Turn several times.
- Sprinkle over asparagus.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!