Light and Flavorful, this Lemon Chicken Pasta will Become a Family Favorite.
This delicious Lemon Chicken Pasta was originally known by the name really good noodles and chicken. And that name is very accurate. This dish is really good.
Today’s lemon chicken pasta recipe, and the name really good noodles and chicken, comes from Food for Thought. This recipe is a Nurse Heidi original and her kids named it! And I have to say that my family agrees that this is Really Good Noodles and Chicken!
Not being a fan of heavy cream sauces, the light lemon flavored sauce in this dish is just right. And the addition of bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese makes this a dish that everyone enjoys.
The honey, rosemary and lemon grilled chicken compliments the lemon pasta perfectly. But I wouldn’t limit this chicken to just this recipe. This chicken would be wonderful on its own or on a salad too.
Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 T. fresh rosemary minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 T. honey
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti I prefer Barilla Plus
- 2 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes seeds and core removed, diced
- 2 T. capers optional
- Start a pot of water boiling to cook the pasta
- Spray your BBQ grill rack with nonstick spray and fire it up
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and rosemary on each chicken breast and grill for 7-8 minutes on the first side
- In a small bowl, mix 2 T. of freshly squeezed lemon juice and the honey together, then brush it on the tops of the chicken breasts before flipping them over
- Brush the underside as well, and grill for a few more minutes until they are cooked through (actual cooking time will depend on how thick the breast is, and you could certainly pound them thinner to start with to make it go faster).
- Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm
- Toss your noodles into the boiling salted water if you haven't already
- Once they are nearly done cooking, begin making the sauce
- It comes together quickly. In a large skillet, melt 2 T. butter then add the garlic
- Saute and stir for 2-3 minutes, then add the bacon bits and cook for another minute
- Stir in the remaining lemon juice and all of the zest, then the cream
- Stir in the cooked and drained noodles, adding a tablespoon or two of the pasta water if needed to thin the sauce
- Slice the chicken breasts thinly
- Stir in the roma tomatoes and parmesan cheese (and capers if you so desire - I'm the only one that likes them around here, so I tossed a few on my own plate), and serve immediately with a portion of chicken breast strips on top of the pile of pasta
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!