These Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars, a layer of shortbread on the bottom and lemon cheesecake on top with raspberry goodness in the middle!
When I pulled these bars out of the oven I announced to my husband, they are not going on the blog. When he asked why, seeing as I hadn’t even tasted them yet, I told him that they were too ugly. You know how I feel about pretty and delicious! Not only should something be delicious but it should be pretty too. These bars were not pretty.
But then I tasted them and I knew they had to go on the blog. They were delicious. I decided pretty can be fixed and I got out the powdered sugar and ran to the store or some fresh raspberries.
After a dusting of powdered sugar and a red raspberry on top I declared these cheesecake bars not only delicious but pretty too. It’s amazing what a little bit of powdered sugar can do and it didn’t hurt the delicious part either!
How to Make Cheesecake Bars
- Start with the shortbread base. Come the ingredients using a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour, powdered sugar and lemon zest unti crumbly. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. I like to line my pan with parchment paper to make for easy removal. Bake at 350 for 20 or just until it starts to brown. Don’t over bake.
- After baking the shortbread base add the jam layer. Use a good quality jam. I love the Bonne Maman brand. I like using raspberry but strawberry or blueberry would also be great.
- Top with lemon cheesecake layer and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Cool for an hour and then chill 4-8 hours or overnight.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars recipe
Raspberry Lemon Cheescake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest divided
- 3/4 cup butter cold
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- raspberries for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, powdered sugar and 1 tsp lemon zest in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased well.
- Bake at 350 for 20 -22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar in mixer. Add in eggs and beat until well blended.
- Stir in lemon juice and remaining lemon zest, beat well.
- Spread jam over baked shortbread with an offset spatula.
- Pour cream over the top of jam and spread to edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack and then cover and chill for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars and garnish with powdered sugar and raspberries