I am a big peppermint fan and I am so excited that peppermint season is here or almost here. At our house though it is pretty much peppermint season all year long. I stash candy canes and other goodies away in the cupboard so I can enjoy them all year round.
Today’s recipe for Perfectly Peppermint Brownies is for all peppermint lovers. These brownies are packed full of peppermint! White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels, Peppermint Oreos, Peppermint Andes Mints and Peppermint Candy!
Peppermint times four!
They are pepperminty, chocolatey and nice and gooey thanks to a can of sweetened condensed milk that is poured over the top. My husband eats gluten free, most of the time, except when there is a treat like these brownies laying around he looses his self control. After tasting them, his first response was, “you are going to give these away right?!” Not because they were bad but because they were so good he knew he would eat way too many of them. So, yes, we did give them away after enjoying a few pieces ourselves because I think between the two of us we could have put the whole pan away quickly!!
The Peppermint Oreos are seasonal so if you can’t find them just use mint Oreos. I also used the Peppermint Andes Mints they have this time of year but the regular green mint ones will work fine too. The peppermint chocolate covered pretzels came from Trader Joes but regular white chocolate or milk chocolate covered pretzels would work fine too. I love the little salty crunch the pretzels gives to the brownies.
The crowning touch to these brownies is that you pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of them and then bake them some more and this creates a delicious, ooey, gooey brownie! Amazing!
You’ve been warned – these brownies are DANGEROUS!!
- 1 18.3 oz. package of brownie mix
- 1/2 C butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 C peppermint white chocolate covered pretzels chopped
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 peppermint or mint flavored cream filled sandwich cookies chopped
- 12 Andes peppermint mint candy chopped
- 1/2 C crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line bottom of 9 x 13 with foil. Allow 2-3 inches to extend over edge of pan.
- Spray with cooking spray
- Mix together brownie mix, melted butter and egg.
- Stir in chopped pretzels.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan evently.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan and pour sweetened condensed milk over top of brownies.
- Sprinkled with cookies, peppermint candy.
- Bake for 15 more minutes
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut into squares
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!