These Peppermint Brownies are packed full of peppermint goodness and the perfect treat for all the peppermint lovers in your life. Peppermint cookies, peppermint chips, peppermint pretzels and crushed candy cane!
Peppermint is my favorite flavor of the holiday season and I can’t seem to get enough of it. Some of my favorite ways to get my peppermint fix are Peppermint Ganache Cupcakes and White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bites.
I am a big peppermint fan and I am so excited that peppermint season is here or almost here. At our house though it is pretty much peppermint season all year long. I stash candy canes and other goodies away in the cupboard so I can enjoy them all year round.
For Peppermint Lovers
Today’s recipe for Peppermint Brownies is for all peppermint lovers. These brownies are packed full of peppermint! White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels, Peppermint Oreos, Peppermint Andes Mints and Peppermint Candy!
They are pepperminty, chocolatey and nice and gooey thanks to a can of sweetened condensed milk that is poured over the top. After tasting these, my husband’s his first response was, “you are going to give these away right?!” Not because they were bad, but because they were so good he knew he would eat way too many of them. So, yes, we did give them away after enjoying a few pieces ourselves because I think between the two of us we could have put the whole pan away quickly!!
How to Make Peppermint Brownies
You will need four peppermint treats. I used:
- Peppermint Oreos – you should be able to find these around the holidays. You can also substitute Mint Oreos.
- Peppermint Andes Mints – Mint Chocolate chips would also work.
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Pretzels – You can find these at Costco and Trader Joes during the holiday time. If you are making these another time of year use regular white chocolate or milk chocolate covered pretzels. I love the little salty crunch the pretzels gives to the brownies.
- Peppermint Candy – use crushed candy canes or round peppermint candies. You can usually find the round peppermint candies in the bulk food pins at the grocery store all hear long.
Mix the brownie mix together according to the directions on the box. Add in the crushed pretzels.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk the sprinkle with crushed cookies and candies.
Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
You’ve been warned – these brownies are DANGEROUS!!
For some other delicious brownies try these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Peppermint Brownie Recipe
- 1 18.3 oz. brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup peppermint white chocolate covered pretzels chopped
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 12 peppermint or mint flavored cream filled sandwich cookies chopped
- 12 Andes peppermint mint candy or mint chips chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line bottom of 9 x 13 with foil. Allow 2-3 inches to extend over edge of pan. Spray with cooking spray
- Combine brownie mix, egg, water and butter. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped pretzels.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan evenly and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan and pour sweetened condensed milk over top of brownies.
- Sprinkled with cookies and peppermint candy.
- Bake for 15 more minutes
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut into squares
Originally posted Nov. 22, 2014
If you’ve tried these brownies or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!