I decided I needed to give you a little break from my peppermint craze.
Today I am returning to one of my long time loves – orange. I am a huge fan of citrus flavors – orange, lemon, lime. Love, love!
When I am deciding on what Christmas cookies to make each year I always like to make sure I have a balance of flavors, not too much chocolate, not too much peppermint. I always like to make sure there is at least one citrus flavored cookie involved. This year it will be Orange Glazed Rounds.
I made this cookie with oranges but it would be just as delicious with lemons or limes. Choose your favorite citrus!
You will use the rind of the orange in the cookie and in the glaze. I love my microplanner for this job.
After adding in the flour, baking soda, eggs and extract form the dough into balls and bake.
After the cookies cool give them a nice covering of glaze.
This cookie is slightly crisp on the edges and nice and soft in the middle – just what a cookie should be.
- 2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter salted
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp grated orange zest divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 -3 Tbsp orange juice
- Beat butter in a bowl with sugar and 1 Tbsp zest until nice and fluffy.
- Add in eggs
- Add in extract.
- Add in the flour and baking soda.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake cookies for 15-17 minutes
- Cool on rack
- Mix together powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp zest and enough juice to make glaze the right consistency to spread.
- Spread on cookies
- Allow cookies to set up.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!