This Mummy Brie and spooky cheese & cracker board are the perfect addition to a grown up Halloween party!
Halloween Cheese Board
Halloween is not just for kids! We adults like to get in on the fun too. And an adult Halloween party needs to have appetizers that are festive, but also delicious! One of my favorite easy appetizers is a cheese board. This black slate cheeseboard was the perfect choice for Halloween.
Halloween Cheese Board Ingredients
Fruit such as grapes and dried apricots
Puff Pastry Halloween Recipes
I also wanted to serve Brie, one of my favorite cheeses, so I dressed it up for Halloween by wrapping it in a puff pastry crust. Mummy Brie is always a huge hit.
How to Make Wrapped Brie
- Roll out puff pastry onto a baking sheet.
- Add a layer of raspberry jam between the brie and the puff pastry before wrapping it up.
- Wrap the brie in puff pastry. Cover the entire brie with one sheet of dough.
- Turn it upside down so the edges of the dough were underneath.
- Brush the entire thing with an egg wash.
- Cut the second sheet of dough into 3/4″ strips and use the strips to wrap the brie like a mummy
- Add another brush of egg wash and two almond eyes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Cut into it and enjoy.
I love how the cheese and jam oozes out of the mummy! So scary and delicious!!
You can also check out more of my favorite Halloween Appetizers!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Mummy Brie Recipe
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 8 oz. wheel of Brie
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 whole almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place one sheet of phyllo dough on it.
- Add jam to center of dough and place wheel of brie on top.
- Cut puff pastry to a circle about 3 inches larger than the brie.
- Wrap the pastry around the brie, pressing edges closed.
- Turn brie over.
- Cover with egg wash.
- Cut remaining sheet of pastry into 3/4 inch strips.
- Cover brie with strips, wrapping it like a mummy.
- Cover with egg wash.
- Add almond eyes and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers