Since I am in London this week I thought a recipe for London broil would be very appropriate!
It’s June and that means it must be summer right? Before I left for London it seemed like Portland couldn’t quite make up its mind – rain, sun, rain, sun! Regardless of the weather we have fired up the BBQ and it is open for the season!
Our favorite day to grill is Sunday. I put something in to marinade Saturday night and it’s ready to grill as soon as we get home from church on Sunday and everyone is starving and ready to eat. I think it has to do with that song “Saturday is a special day, it’s the day we get ready for Sunday” that I use to sing all the time as a kid and with my kids when they were little. I like to get as much of the Sunday meal done ahead of time as possible!
It really doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. I guess you could just throw the meat on the grill barenaked and that would be easier but I think a London Broil is better if you marinade it and really how much effort does it take to mix together a can of coke and some teriyaki sauce. Yep – that’s it. The recipe only has three ingredients total!!
London Broil seems to go on sale a lot around here – Albertsons has it for $1.99 a pound quite often which makes it even more delicious!!
I marinaded it about 24 hours and it was nice and tender and juicy. Our grillmaster, Jim, did a great job of grilling it to just the right doneness! (is that a word??)
Marinaded London Broil
- 1 - 12 oz. can of Coke or Pepsi if you prefer
- 1 - 10 oz. bottle of teriyaki sauce
- 1 - 2 1/2 - 3 lb.London broil
- Combine coke and teriyaki sauce in a zip lock bag and add London broil
- Seal and chill for 24 hours, turning occasionally
- Remove from marinade and discard marinade
- Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.