Ice Cream pie is the perfect no bake dessert, In less than 15 minutes you can put together a dessert the whole family is going to love.
You may also enjoy these other family favorite ice cream based desserts. Lemon lovers will love this Lemon Curd Ice Cream Pie. Make this No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Pie for all the peanut butter lovers and these Ice Cream Tacos are so fun!
No Bake Dessert
Ice cream pie seems like the perfect summer dessert but it is also a tradition of ours to serve it on Christmas day. Really, when is there ever a bad time for ice cream?
Our family motto is “There’s always room for ice cream, it just melts and fills in the cracks!” This pie is an easy, quick and delicious dessert. And there is no baking required when using a store bought crust!
Ice Cream Pie Ingredients
- Ice Cream. 1/2 gallon of your favorite flavor ice cream.
- Sauce. Depending on my flavor of ice cream I use hot fudge sauce or caramel sauce.
- Crust. I buy either a graham cracker or a chocolate cookie crust from the grocery store. If you want to make your own graham cracker crust follow this recipe.
- Add Ins. I like to use Oreo cookies, Mint Chocolate Cookies, Heath Bars, nuts, chocolate chips and sprinkles. Crushed peppermint is also a family favorite. Get creative with what you add in.
How to Make Ice Cream Pie
- Crust. Start with a store bought graham cracker or chocolate cookie pie crust.
- Ice Cream. Allow ice cream to soften for a few minutes to make it easier to work with. Layer half the ice cream in the bottom of the crust.
- Sauce. Drizzle with hot fudge or caramel sauce.
- Add Ins. Sprinkle with half the desired add in.
- Repeat with another layer of ice cream, sauce and add in.
- Cover with foil, plastic wrap or turn the plastic liner that comes in the pie shell, upside down to cover.
- Freeze for several hours or over night to harden up.
- Serve. Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to make it easier to slice.
Use your creativity! What combination would you put together?
Caramel Toffee Pie. One of our favorites is a graham cracker crust with vanilla ice cream, Mrs. Richardson’s Caramel Sauce, and crushed Heath Bar.
Grasshopper Cookie Pie. Use an chocolate cookie crust with mint ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and crushed Andes Mint candy.
Cookies and Cream Pie. Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce and crushed Oreos in an chocolate cookie crust.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. Peanut Butter ice cream in a chocolate cookie crust with hot fudge and crushed peanuts on top.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Ice Cream Pie
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream
- 1 cup fudge sauce or caramel sauce
- 1 graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust
- 1 cup Crushed candy or cookies Heath bar, Oreos, candy cane etc.
- Place a layer of ice cream in crust.
- Drizzle with hot fudge or caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with candy
- Place another layer of ice cream in crust
- Repeat sauce and candy
- Return to freezer to firm up.
Originally posted December 31, 2008