This Grilled Caesar Salad will quickly become your favorite way to enjoy a salad. The lettuce is lightly grilled, warmed and charred on the outside while still staying cool and crispy on the inside.
We can’t get enough of grilling in the summer and here in Oregon, we grill all year round. Besides meat, some of our favorites are Grilled Asparagus, Grilled Artichokes and even Grilled Pound Cake for dessert!
I had my first grilled salad years ago at a friend’s house. When she told me she was going to grill the salad I thought she was crazy. Now, I had grilled fruit before to go on a salad like grilled pineapple and grilled peaches but I had never actually grilled the lettuce!
When it comes to grilling lettuce, I always use Romaine Lettuce and more specifically heart of Romaine. You can buy heart of Romaine in the store all ready for you or buy a head of Romaine and remove some of the outer, leafy layers to get to the heart. You want the lettuce to be compact so it will hold together during the grilling process. It’s o.k. to have a few green leafy layers but not too many.
How to Grill Lettuce
- Cut your heart of romaine in half.
- Lightly brush with olive oil. Let a little of the oil get in between the layers of lettuce. You only need to do this to the cut side of the lettuce.
- Salt and pepper.
- Heat your grill to a medium high heat. You want to hear a sizzle when you place the lettuce on the grill, that is how you know it is hot enough.
- Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill, be sure there are no open flames directly under the lettuce. You don’t want to set it on fire! You can use a gas grill or a charcoal grill.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes or until you have some nice grill marks on the lettuce.
- Place lettuce on a serving dish and drizzle with Caesar Salad Dressing, grated Parmesan cheese and homemade croutons.
- You can serve this warm off the grill or at room temperature. To make this into a main dish, just add some grilled chicken for a delicious meal!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Make sure to check out more of my favorite salad recipes:
Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 4 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 cup croutons
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Slice hearts of romaine in half.
- Place cut side up and lightly brush cut side with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper
- Place cut side down on a hot grill for 1-2 minutes or until char marks form.
- Remove from grill onto a serving dish, grilled side up.
- Drizzle with salad dressing, sprinkle with cheese and add croutons.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!