Create the cutest monster donuts, Mummy donuts and ghost donuts with store bought donuts, some googly eyes and a little melted chocolate.
So we’ve been having just a little too much fun at our house with googly eyes!
You can turn just about anything into a fun googly eye creature! I decided to go with donuts.
First we went for some googly eye monster donuts.
Halloween Monster Donuts
I picked up some chocolate cake donuts at Krispy Kreme (only place I could find them!) Using some of the Vibrant Green Wilton Melts and some googly eyes I created some fun little donut monsters.
How to Make Monster Donuts
- Melt your Vibrant Green Wilton Melts Candy in the microwave and spoon over the top of the donut.
To make the chocolate easier to work with and drip down the sides better I added some canola oil into the chocolate to make it a bit thinner. To a half a bag of melts I probably added a tablespoon or so of oil.
- Use the side of your spoon to pull the chocolate down onto the sides.
- Place your googly eyes on while chocolate is still warm. The more googly eyes the better!
Then get carried away taking pictures because you think they are so cute!!
I also bought some of those cute little donettes they sell in a box in the bakery section of the grocery store and made some little googly eye donut mummies. They are bite size!
How cute are these guys?!
How to Make Donut Mummies
- Melt white Wilton melts (adding the oil again)
- Put the melted chocolate into a zip loc bag and snip off the corner.
- Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the donut.
- Add googly eyes!
With some of the little powdered sugar donettes we made some googly eye donut ghosts to go with our monsters and mummies. Aren’t they the cutest.
How to Make Donut Ghosts
- Melt the white chocolate melts to use as glue the eyes for the eyes.
- Add a dot of melted chocolate on the back of the googly eye and apply to donut.
The mummies and the ghosts look so cute together.