Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert for your gluten free family and friends.
Today’s recipe for Gluten free pumpkin cake is shared by my friend Jillee of One Good Thing. I always love when I get the chance to see Jilee. She throws a good party! I am excited that she is sharing a gluten free recipe with us today.
Homemade pumpkin pie is probably my favorite holiday treat! Pumpkin pie has been a tradition at all our Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, my second oldest son, Kell, was diagnosed with Celiac disease several years ago and no longer can partake in our traditional pumpkin pie.
Since gluten-free pie crust is something I have yet to master, I was thrilled when my sister, JoAnn, gave me a recipe for pumpkin “pie” cake a couple of years ago that can easily be made gluten-free. It’s become a tradition for me to bring this cake to holiday parties for my son and anyone else who wants to have some. And let me tell you, lots of people have a slice. You would never know this is gluten free pumpkin cake!
How to Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
Because this is a pumpkin pie inspired cake, there is a ‘crust’. The crust is made from just three ingredients, gluten free cake mix, butter, and an egg.
You just put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until combined.
Then you press the crust into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. It couldn’t be easier!
The filling is just as easy. You put all of the ingredients in a pot and heat it on low until the mixture thickens.
Then you pour it into the 9×13 pan, right over the crust.
Then you make a crumble topping with some of the cake mix, more butter, and cinnamon.
Mix then cake mix and cinnamon together, then cut the butter in the mixture until crumbly. Then just sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin pie filling.
Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Just enough time for it to set in the middle. You will know it is done when it doesn’t jiggle!
This cake is so easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Put some whipped cream on top and you won’t even miss the pumpkin pie!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
Gluten Free Crust
- 1 gluten-free yellow cake mix set aside 1 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup butter softened, 1 stick
- 1 egg
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 29 oz pumpkin puree 1 can
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter cold
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Press the crust into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium pot and heat on low until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling over the crust.
- Mix then cake mix and cinnamon together, then cut the butter in the mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes. You want it to be "set" in the middle. Shake the pan a little and if the cake doesn't "jiggle" then you know it's done.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.