This week’s Friday favorite is being posted by popular request. I served these yummy pita chips at a scrapbooking retreat I hosted last weekend at the beach. The girls loved them and requested that I post the recipe on the blog! I got the recipe from my friend Cherilyn when she served them at a church meeting I attended a couple of weeks ago.
I served them with hummus. I bought the Mediterranean hummus from Trader Joe’s. They have a great variety of different flavors of hummus (sun-dried tomato, red pepper, garlic, etc.) If you have a Trader Joe’s near you check out their selection. The chips would be yummy eaten just by themselves too. They are a quick and easy appetizer. Enjoy!
Just FYI – while at the scrapbooking retreat I made great progress on my 40 Days of Fanatical Focus goal of completing my high school daughter’s album before graduation. I completed 90 pages – her sophomore year of high school. Yes – that is ALOT for one year – a complete album. That is what happens though when your children get their own digital camera and take as many pictures as their mother does – it is a sickness!!
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives minced
- 1 medium clove garlic minced (I used 2-3 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice fresh is best
- 6 pita rounds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine all ingredients (except pita rounds) in a small bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Cover and let sit for at least one hour at room temperature (I didn't do this)
- Cut each round in half and then separate into two pieces.
- Spread pieces evenly with butter mixture.
- Cut each piece into 3 triangles.
- Arrange triangles on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until lightly browned (about 5 minutes)
- Recipe makes about 72 triangles
- Serve with hummus
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!