Red Chile Potatoes are thin and crispy around the edges and full of flavor. They are perfect served with just about any meal.
Red Chile Potatoes
Growing up, I was not a potato fan. I didn’t dislike potatoes because of the carbs, I am actually a big fan of carbs. For me, it’s more of a texture issue.
Yes, I am married to man from Idaho, a man whose first solid food was probably potatoes! The first time I went to Idaho to meet Jim’s family I think they were all a little shocked and dismayed that their son was dating a girl who did not eat potatoes!
Chili Roasted Potatoes
The other way I will eat potatoes is today’s recipe for Chili Roasted Red Potatoes. At our house, they are affectionately called Patrice’s Potatoes after one of my good friends who gave me the recipe. Thanks to the chili pepper, the potatoes have a bit of a kick to them. Reduce the amount of chili pepper if prefer a milder potato.
How to Make Spicy Red ChilePotatoes
- Red Potatoes. Slice them fairly thin and that way you can create a crisper finished product!
- Spice. You can easily adjust the “heat” to your liking by adding more or less cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Coat the potatoes in a mixture of olive, oil, butter and seasonings.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 500 degrees F for 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes half way through.
- Cook the potatoes until they reach your desired level of crispness and for me that is about 14-20 minutes.
Every time my kids come home for a visit and I ask them what they want for dinner and these chili roasted potatoes always make the cut! They love them!! We love serving them with this Fast Fire Flank Steak.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Red Chile Potatoes Recipe
- 8-10 medium sized red potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix above ingredients and toss with thin sliced potatoes
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes, then turn potatoes and bake another 7-10 minutes until desired crispness
This recipe was originally shared August 22, 2008.