These Chili Roasted Potatoes are always at the top of my kid’s request list when they come home for a visit.
I think I have mentioned before that I am not a potato fan. It’s not because I’m trying to cut down on carbs because I am a big fan of carbs. I think it’s more of a texture issue for me than anything else.
Yes, I am married to man from Idaho, a man whose first solid food was probably potatoes! The first time I went to Idaho to meet Jim’s family I think they were all a little shocked and dismayed. Their son was dating a girl who did not eat potatoes! How could their son possibly fallen in love with a girl who didn’t eat potatoes!
As I have gotten older I have found a few ways I will eat potatoes and one of them is as a very crisp french fry! No soggy fries for me!!!
The other way is today’s recipe for Chili Roasted Red Potatoes or as they are affectionately known at our house, Patrice’s Potatoes. Patrice is one of my friends and an amazing cook. She is one of those cooks that doesn’t need a recipe – she just cooks!
How to Make Chili Roasted Potatoes
- Red Potatoes. Slice them fairly thin, thus, creating a crisper finished product!
- Spice. You can easily adjust the “heat” to your liking by adding more or less cayenne pepper and chili powder.
- Coat the potatoes in a mixture of olive, oil, butter and seasonings.
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 500 degrees F for 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes half way through.
You can cook them until your desired doneness or crispness. Guess who eats the extra crispy, almost burnt ones!?
Every time my kids come home for a visit and I ask them what they want for dinner, these chili roasted potatoes always make the cut! They love them!! We love serving them with this Fast Fire Flank Steak.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Chili Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Chili Roasted Potatoes
- 8-10 medium sized red potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix above ingredients and toss with thin sliced potatoes
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes, then turn potatoes and bake another 7-10 minutes until desired crispness
This recipe was originally shared August 22, 2008.