Bring on the fresh green beans. This recipe for pan seared green beans is an easy and delicious way to prepare them.
We have had a bumper crop of green beans this summer so I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. We attended a potluck party several weeks ago and one of the dishes that was brought were these yummy charred, spice-crusted green beans. I couldn’t wait to make them for a neighborhood Labor Day get together we had.
The great thing about this dish is it’s suppose to be eaten with your fingers and makes a great appetizer as well as a side dish. Not only is it fun to eat it is also fun to make. You will want to serve them soon after cooking and I promise they won’t hang around long! They will be gobbled up.
The only way you can ruin these beans is to NOT burn them! I prepared them using my cast iron skillet on my outdoor grill. They can be made inside but be sure to have your windows open and good ventilation or you will set of your smoke alarm!
The beans are served with a yummy, spicy remoulade. Just dip and eat!
Any other great green bean recipes out there??
Friday Favorite – Pan Seared Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine green beans, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic and salt; toss to coat beans
- Heat in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat until smoking
- Add the beans, being careful not to crowd the pan too much (cook in two batches, if necessary). Cook beans, without disturbing, until charred patches appear, about 5 minutes.
- Toss beans and cook 5 minutes or more.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate and serve immediately with Spicy Remoulade.
- Mix mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, mustard, capers, garlic, parsley and lemon juice until combined
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time