Mediterranean Pasta is easy, light and delicious. It’s perfect for dinner this week.
Pasta is a go to weeknight meal for our family. Whether it is these Chicken and Tomato Pasta, Herb Pasta or this delicious Chicken Pesto Pasta, you can’t go wrong! You can find all our pasta recipes here.
Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken has been a a family favorite at our house for years. I first shared it here on the blog back in 2008. I was recently asked by some of you to reshare some of our family’s favorite recipes and this is one of them.
Go To Dinner Idea
This dish is one of my “go to recipes”. I always seem to have the ingredients on hand and it’s a fairly quick and easy dish to prepare and everyone loves it too! It is a “lighter” pasta dish as it doesn’t have any heavy cream or red sauce. The sauce is a combination of chicken broth and cornstarch for thickening.
The combination of basil, olives and tomatoes gives it that Mediterranean flair.
If you don’t have fresh basil around you can also use some dried basil but the fresh basil gives it some amazing flavor.
If I am taking dinner into a friend I will often make this dish and just double it. I am always asked for the recipe after!
Another sign that that a recipe is a keeper is when one of your adult children call home asking for the recipe. My friend Jeannena shared this recipe with me years ago and we have been enjoying it on a regular basis ever since.
How to Make Mediterranean Pasta
This Mediterranean Chicken is perfect for one of those busy week nights. You can assemble the parts in the morning and then put it all together right before dinner time.
- Pasta – I will often pre cook my pasta. Boil it, rinse it and then store it in a zippered storage bag in the refrigerator until you are ready for dinner. I just run some hot water over it to warm it up again and before adding the remaining ingredients. I use bowtie pasta but you can use your favorite.
- Chicken – The chicken can be cooked ahead of time and the sauce made too. Just refrigerate until dinner and reheat it to add to the pasta. I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can also use any leftover shredded chicken you might have on hand.
- Tomatoes – Add in your sliced cherry tomatoes right before serving. If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, a diced tomato will work too.
Some delicious bread to go with your pasta:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- 4 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 8 oz. uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup green onions 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved.
- Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil. Add pasta, cooked to desired doneness. Drain, keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 6-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup chicken broth and cornstarch; blend well. Stir into chicken.
- Add onions, olives, 1/4 cup basil and 1/2 tsp. bouillon; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and glazed.
- Pour over cooked bow tie pasta; add tomatoes and toss to coat. Serves 6
- Garnish with parmesan cheese
Originally posted August 8, 2o08
If you’ve tried this Mediterranean Pasta or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!