Mediterranean Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta is easy, light and delicious. Perfect for dinner this week.
Despite the long name of the dish it is a quick and easy one to prepare.
It is perfect for this time of the year when all those cherry tomatoes in the garden are ripe! If you don’t have cherry tomatoes just chop up any type of tomato.
This dish is one of my “go to recipes”. I always seem to have the ingredients on hand and it’s a fairly quick and easy dish to prepare and everyone loves it too! It is a “lighter” pasta dish as it doesn’t have any heavy cream or red sauce.
If I am taking dinner into a friend I will often make this dish and I am always asked for the recipe after!
Another sign that that a recipe is a keeper is if one of my college boys calls home for it – and this is one of those.
My friend Jeannena shared this recipe with me several years ago and we have been enjoying it on a regular basis ever since.
Do you have a favorite “go to” recipe? I’d love it if you’d share by leaving a comment.
- 4 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 8 oz. uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut green onions 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved.
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil. Add pasta, cooked to desired doneness. Drain, keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir 6-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water and cornstarch; blend well. Stir into chicken.
- Add onions, olives, 1/4 cup basil and 1/2 tsp. bouillon; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and glazed.
- Pour over cooked bow tie pasta; add tomatoes and toss to coat. Serves 4 (I usually double)
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!