This pecorino pasta with fresh tomatoes and sausage comes together quickly and easily for a fresh, delicious dinner.
One of my favorite cooking magazines is Cooking Light.
When I got an email from them asking me if I’d like to receive a copy of their new, redesigned magazine I was very happy to oblige.
Isn’t it pretty! That pizza looks amazing!
One of the great new features of the redesign is that there is a picture with every recipe! The section of the magazine I like the best, besides all the great pictures, is one called Dinner Tonight! This section features recipes that are “Stopwatch-Tested” and can be on the dinner table in 30-40 minutes. That’s my kind of recipe.
Not only are they quick and easy to prepare but Cooking Light provides a shopping list for each of the Dinner Tonight recipes.
I have lots of recipes earmarked to try but since I had fresh tomatoes and basil on the counter the first one I chose was the Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta.
They were right – it only took 40 minutes from start to table and it was yummy! In addition to the recipe and the shopping list they also give you a Game Plan -what to when….while the water comes to a boil you should slice onion, chop tomatoes and trim green beans. Great helpful hints for a beginning cook or any cook trying to save time.
Pecorino Pasta Recipe
Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta
- 8 oz. penne pasta uncooked
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage ground
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion sliced thinly
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/4 lbs. tomatoes chopped
- 6 Tbsp pecorino romano cheese grated and divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves torn or chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat, Add oil to pan.
- Add sausage and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and crumbly.
- Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, cook 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta. Add 2 Tbsp cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and basil.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.