Chicken Potsticker Soup is a fast and easy dinner you can prepare for your family. Perfect for any busy night, it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
When the weather gets cold, I love making soup for dinner. This recipe has been one of our family favorites for a long time.
Potsticker Soup Recipe
- 1 bunch green onions divided
- 5 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 15 oz frozen chicken and vegetable potstickers
- 2 cups Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Coarsely slice three green onions and set aside; thinly slice the remaining ones for a garnish.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, add broth, water, ginger, coarsely sliced green onions and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduced heat to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes.
- With a strainer, remove ginger, green onions and garlic and discard.
- Return soup to a boil and add potstickers.
- Follow package directions for cooking (about 8 minutes for frozen)
- Two minutes before that cooking time is up, add cabbage.
- When pasta is tender, remove soup from heat and stir in toasted sesame oil.
- Check for seasoning, add salt if needed.
- Just before serving, top each portion with a handful of the remaining sliced green onions.
- Enjoy - if you have an fast and easy soup recipes I'd love for you to share!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.