Everyone knows that the best part of a crepe is what is inside.
Usually when we make crepes we go for the fast and easy version. A can of whip cream (the kind you spray out of the can, so fun!), berries of our choice (strawberries, raspberries). We just pile it on and enjoy. Another favorite is also a layer of nutella topped with sliced bananas. I prefer nutella with strawberries or even better yet is a layer of lemon curd with some berries and whip cream – heaven! There must always be berries and lots of them
Another very simple but delicious version is to drizzle with lemon juice and then a nice sprinkling of powdered sugar. A few strawberries added is nice too.
For the shower I decided to get a little fancier and make some mousse fillings for the crepe. I went with three different flavors.
The great thing about the mousse fillings is I could make them all the night before and just keep them in the refrigerator until the morning of the shower.
The crepe recipe I used can be found here.
My favorite of the three fillings I made was the White Chocolate Mousse – no surprise there! But the filling that disappeared the fastest was the Cream Cheese Mousse. They were all so good. I may or may not have eaten some of the leftovers straight out of the bowl, with just a spoon, no crepe.
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream divided
- 4 oz. cream cheese cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3/4 C sugar divided
- 1/3 C sour cream or Greek yogurt I used Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small pan heat together 1/2 cup of cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 C sugar over medium heat Stir frequently until the cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth
- Put into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature
- In your mixer, beat the 1 cup cream with the yogurt, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla until medium peaks form
- Fold the two mixtures together, 1/3 at a time
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!