Looking for a delicious go to meal that the whole family will love? This Creamy Tomato and Sausage Pasta is it!
Pasta is a go to meal at our house. Especially now that the nights are getting a cooler, evenings are busy with activities and Fall is in the air. A nice plate of Creamy Tomato and Sausage Pasta is just good comfort food.
This recipe is one that I usually have all the ingredients on hand, or almost all. So when I don’t know what to fix for dinner, pasta is usually the answer.
This particular recipe calls for Italian Sausage but you could also use ground chicken, turkey or hamburger. Whatever you have.
If you don’t have fresh basil, use dried instead.
It uses canned tomatoes and I always have a few cans of those in the pantry. If you have fresh tomatoes in the garden they would work perfectly.
I used penne pasta but any size or shape will do.
You can really just make it up as you go along. It’s hard to go wrong! I love recipes that have lots of flexibility and allow me to use what I have on hand.
So what’s your favorite Go To meal for Fall?
- 1 lb. mild Italian Sausage
- 2 - 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 tsp fresh basil sliced (reserve some to garnish with) or use 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cans 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 C cream
- 1 box penne pasta
- Brown the sausage .
- Cook pasta according to the box.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Saute until garlic is soft.
- Add in tomatoes and cream.
- Stir until it begins to thicken.
- Add sausage back in and then pour over pasta. If it seems to thick just thin it with some additional cream.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and more fresh basil.
This recipe originally shared over at Portland Mama.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!