Dress up your holiday table or your dinner table any time with these homemade Cranberry Rolls.
Homemade rolls are always an important part of any holiday feast at our house whether it be Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter. No store bought rolls are allowed. It is usually orange rolls for Easter and regular crescent rolls for the other holidays. If you’re in a pinch for time, 30 minutes rolls are always a great solution too.
This year we’re trying something different and taking the rolls up a notch or two with Cranberry Rolls. The addition of chopped dried cranberries and lemon zest gives the rolls a fun holiday flavor. The cranberries give the rolls a pinch of sweetness and the lemon is very subtle but delicious. It’s a fun combination
How to Make Cranberry Rolls
- Chop the cranberries up by hand or put them in your food processor.
- Just add them in at the end with your dough and then knead until smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled – about an hour or so.
- Punch down the dough and then place on a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough out into a circle, about 12 inches across and cut into 12 pieces.
- Roll up the dough from the wide end and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let the rolls rise again until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Not only do the cranberries add a little sweetness to your roll but they look pretty too. Pretty and delicious!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Cranberry Roll Recipe
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 4-5 cups all purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- lemon zest of one lemon
- melted butter for tops of rolls
- Warm the milk and 1/2 C water in pan on the stovetop or in the microwave until warm, about 110 degrees F.
- Pour milk mixture into stand mixer bowl and combine with sugar, yeast and 1 C flour. Mix until lumpy.
- Let stand until mixture is bubbly, about 15 minutes
- Add in the butter, salt and 2 C flour. Mix until smooth and elastic
- Add in the eggs and mix until combined. Add in 1 1/4 C flour and the cranberries and lemon zest.
- Mix until dough is smooth and begins to form a ball, about 4 minutes. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Add remaining flour until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Oil a bowl and place dough into the bowl, turn to coat both sides.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. About 1 hour.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Divide dough into two pieces
- Place dough onto a floured surface. Roll out into a 12 inch round circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12 pie shaped pieces and roll up starting at the wide end. Repeat with other piece of dough.
- Allow rolls to rise, about 30 minutes
- Place rolls on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.