I am so excited to welcome my good friend Kristen to the blog today. She is one of my “bestest” blogging friends and I adore this girl! I so appreciate your friendship and amazing energy and love for life, her family and all that she does. And she is an amazing photographer too. Please be sure and visit her at Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke.
Make sure to check out Thirty Handmade days for CRAFT, Skip to My Lou for SEW and Classy Clutter for DECORATE. We’re all sharing fun posts throughout the entire month to get you inspired for the holidays!
These delicious Christmas Cream Cheese Cupcakes are a holiday spin-off of our family favorite cupcakes, with a rich chocolate base and a dollop of chocolate chip filled cream cheese mixture resting on top.
Hi there, I’m Kristen Duke, and I share my creative adventures over at Capturing Joy. I’ve got photo tips, home projects, favorite recipes, family travel, kids lunch jokes, and other family/holiday printables. I’ve just got a mish mash of everything family fun! If you want to learn how to use your fancy camera, I’ve got a book called Say NO to Auto, too!
It’s fun to get festive with the bright green and red at Christmas-time with treats, and that’s just what I did here. The kids will have fun helping you make them, and they’ll be delighted to take plates full to friends and family. I used the holiday chocolate chips found in the baking aisle, and though it’s a trio of colors, I picked out the red, to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes, leaving the green and brown to go inside the chocolate mixture. Can’t get rid of those, now can we?
Here is the simple recipe:
Christmas Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temp
- ? cup sugar
- 1 egg room temp or clumps cream cheese
- ? tsp salt
- green food coloring
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 T vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ? cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup red chocolate chips
- 1 cup other chocolate chips semi
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the filling, turn green, and set aside.
- Mix dry cake ingredients together and then add the oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour the water over everything and mix with electric beaters.
- Fill cupcake liners half full of cake batter.
- Mix batter with brown chocolate chips or other
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of the chocolate batter.
- Top with 1 cup red chocolate chips sprinkled
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Eat warm and gooey or put them in the fridge to chill for a more textured taste.
- Makes 15-18 cupcakes
I’d love you to come on over to Capturing JOY, and see all of my other shares, or follow me on your favorite social media!
Here are a few other Christmas ideas I’ve shared in the past that you might enjoy:
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.