Summer and S’mores just go together but sometimes you don’t have a fire so make this Chocolate Revel S’mores Tart in your oven!
S’mores is definitely one of my favorite summertime treats – maybe that’s why we have two firepits in our backyard. My favorite place to make s’mores though is on the beach at our yearly Week at the Beach. It’s pretty much my favorite week of the year! Sitting on the beach around a fire, watching the sunset with my family is pretty much heaven. Throw in s’mores making and it just doesn’t get any better.
But we can’t always be on the beach around a fire when that s’mores craving hits! Today I’ve got the second best solution – Chocolate Revel S’mores Tart. All you need is an oven for this one.
Chocolate Revel bars have always been a favorite and today’s recipe is a fun twist on that classic bar cookie. The addition of some marshmallows and graham crackers and you’ve got a Chocolate Revel S’mores Tart. You will need a 10″ removable bottom tart pan.
The base of this tart is a combination of butter, brown sugar, flour, eggs, oats and graham cracker crumbs. Reserving 1/2 cup of the mixture, press the rest into the tart pan.
Then a filling is added on top which is a combination of chocolate chips, butter, some ground almonds, marshmallows, and egg. I just used my little food processor to grind up the almonds.
The filling is then put on top the remaining crust mixture is dotted on top.
Let it bake for about 40-45 minutes at 325 degrees F. About five minutes before you pull it out add the remaining marshmallows and chocolate chip pieces and bake until the marshmallows begin to turn golden brown – about 5 minutes.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then gently loosen it with a knife around the edges from the pan. Cool completely and serve, or serve while it is still warm the way I did.
The tart has a wonderful chewy consistency thanks to the almonds and the graham cracker crust and the toasted marshmallows on top make it taste just like a s’mores!
For other yummy s’mores deseserts try these:
Chocolate Revel S'mores Tart
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers about 6 full crackers
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For crust, combine 1/3 cup butter in a medium size bowl with brown sugar and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Add in one egg and the vanilla.
- Beat in 1/2 cup flour, oats and graham cracker crumbs.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crust mixture.
- Spread remaining crust mixture in the bottom of ungreased 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- in a small saucepan melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp of the 1/2 cup butter over low heat, just until melted and smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining butter and sugar with mixer.
- Add in melted chocolate, the almonds, the 1/3 cup flour, the remaining egg and one egg yolk.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the marshmallows and spread filling in the pan over crust.
- Dot with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallows and the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (I threw in a few more). Bake for 5 additional minutes or until marshmallows begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Use a sharp knife to loosen the tart from the sides of pan and then remove bottom.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Tips & Notes: