Please welcome Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime to the blog as part of Bake Craft Sew Decorate! Jamielyn is one of my most favorite bloggers and I am lucky enough to be in some blogger groups with her and learn from her blogging expertise! I use to be a contributor on her blog. Her blog is full of wonderful recipes, crafts and fun DIY ideas – be sure and visit her often!! So glad to have her on the blog today.
Make sure to check out Thirty Handmade days for CRAFT, Skip to My Lou for SEW and Classy Clutter for DECORATE. We’re all sharing fun posts throughout the entire month to get you inspired for the holidays!
Hello friends! I’m Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime where I share EASY recipes, DIY crafts and free printables. I’m so excited to be here today for the Bake Craft Sew series. I just adore Leigh Anne and all of her delicious recipes.
One of my all time favorite Christmas desserts is chocolate peppermint pie. It’s so simple to make and brings all of the favorite flavors of this season together so perfectly.
This pie is made with a chocolate crust, chocolate pudding, mint fluff, andes mints, candy canes and melted chocolate. It’s super easy to put together and always a crowd pleaser around the holidays.
Chocolate Mint Pie
- Premade chocolate pie crust
- 1 3.4 ounce box chocolate pudding, plus milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cups chopped andes mint
- Crushed candy canes optional
- Melted chocolate optional
- Make the chocolate pudding according to the package directions.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar. Stir in the heavy cream and beat for 3 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping and andes mints.
- Spread the chocolate pudding onto the bottom of the pie. Then gently spread the mint topping on.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour to set. Drizzle melted chocolate and sprinkle candy canes onto the pie before serving.
Have a great day! 🙂