Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies are such a fun combo of flavors. They would be perfect with a mug of hot cocoa!
Please welcome Heather to the blog and part of Bake Craft Sew Decorate. She’s got me totally in the mood for Christmas with these Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies! Yum! Be sure and check out all the other amazing things she bakes over at French Press. Welcome Heather!
In addition to all the Bake ideas here on the blog my friends Mique will be sharing Craft ideas and Cindy will be sharing Sew ideas and Mallory and Savannah at Classy Clutter will be sharing decorate ideas! Exciting right!? Be sure to check out all the ideas they are sharing each day as part of Bake Craft Sew Decorate
Hi. I’m Heather , and I am SO excited to be part of this year’s Bake Craft Sew Decorate. I blog over at French Press, where I don’t craft, sew, or decorate, but boy do I bake. I love creating homemade versions of my family’s favorite store bought treats like Doritos, Cheetos, and cocoa puffs.
I always get excited about holiday time. Twinkly lights, nights by the fire, hot cocoa, and of course the cookies. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the cookies. My mom, my sister, and I would start our holiday cookie baking right after Thanksgiving. Each weekend we would get our favorite holiday records playing, select which type we would be making, and get busy baking. It is one of my favorite childhood memories. Singing along to Morris the Moose as we scooped, rolled, cut-out, and thumb-printed. By Christmas Eve we had them all packed and ready to take to our holiday parties.
I don’t bake nearly as many as my sister does; but this year I am heading back to NY for Christmas for the first time in 15 years, and to say I’m excited is a total understatement. So I am baking ALL THE COOKIES
and these are my new favorite
These cookies are the prefect combination of chocolate and gingerbread; flourless and fudgy with hints of molasses and cinnamon, they are sure to be your new favorite as well. Perfect for all those holiday parties and cookie exchange platters.
Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- granulated sugar for rolling
- sift together the cocoa powder, baking powder, and spices
- cream butter with the brown sugar until light
- add molasses, and eggs, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl, and vanilla
- mix in the cocoa powder, and fold in chocolate chunks
- chill dough at least 1 hour
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- line baking sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats
- scoop 1 tbsp of dough (a cookie scoop works well as this dough is sticky) roll until smooth, and then roll in sugar
- place cookies on prepared sheets at least 2 inches apart
- bake 10 minutes
- allow to cool 5 minutes on sheets, and then carefully move to racks
Thank you Leigh Anne for letting me share a bit about my family’s holida