This recipe should come with a warning label: Eating these may be dangerous for your hips!
If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I love the combination of chocolate and toffee.
Today’s recipe is from The Sister’s Cafe, a fun food blog that 5 sisters share. What a lucky family to have so many amazing cooks and besides that their sister in law Melanie is one of my favorite food bloggers over at My Kitchen Cafe. Wish I could get invited to some of their family dinners!!
I made these a few weeks ago, took a bite and knew immediately that I had to get them OUT OF MY HOUSE!!
They were so good I knew if I didn’t share them with someone I would end up eating the whole pan myself and that would NOT be a good thing!!
The combination of the chocolate chips, toffee bits and the sweetened condensed milk which turns into caramel as it bakes is amazing!!! I of course did not wait for them to cool. So warm and gooey!!!
Fortunately there was a work party for the musical going on at the high school so I took them over there where they very quickly disappeared!
- 2 1/3 C flour
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped nuts - could use pecans walnuts or macadamias but I left them out
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 10 oz. Skor toffee bits
- Stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips and all of nuts.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this mixture and press remaining into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Pour milk over hot crust and top with 1 1/2 cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top plus remaining chips.
- Bake 25-30 more minutes.
- Top with remaining toffee bits.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!