These carrot cupcakes are moist and tender and topped with amazing white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
I have managed to raise two sons that love food, are you surprised? Not only do they love food but they appreciate good food. I guess you could call them food snobs.
So when my son Clark started raving about these amazing carrot cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting I knew they must be good.
Now I need to tell you, I usually don’t care for carrot cake but thanks to this recipe I now love carrot cupcakes! Although I have to admit I probably would have eaten anything if it had been covered in the amazing white chocolate cream cheese frosting!
How to Make Carrot Cupcakes
- These cupcakess use shredded carrots. I always grate or shred my own carrot versus buy preshredded carrot from the store.
- I use my cheese grater to shred the carrots.
- After combining the ingredients scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin. Fill cupcakes 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cupcakes bounce back to touch.
- While cupcakes are baking mix up cream cheese frosting.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
This frosting is to die for and you may just eat the cupcake so you can have the frosting. The combination of white chocolate with cream cheese is amazing.
Melt your white chocolate slowly either in a double boiler on the stove top or in the microwave. White chocolate burns easily so do it low and slow.
Cool the white chocolate before adding it into the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla mixture. If the frosting is too soft to pipe, refrigerate it to allow it to set up.
Pipe or spread on the frosting.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
The cupcakes are nice and moist thanks to the addition of crushed pineapple and the cream cheese frosting is amazing!
Of course if you are looking for something a little more healthy, leave the frosting off and call it a muffin. They are delicious without it too.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/8 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrot raw
- ½ cups crushed pineapple
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Over LOW heat, in a saucepan melt white chocolate. Watch closely as it burns easily. Can also melt it in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth and let cool until at room temperature
- Mix the cream cheese and butter together and then add mix in cooled white chocolate and vanilla
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- If frosting is too soft, refrigerate for a while
- Beat eggs, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth
- Mix in oil and vanilla
- Fold in carrots and pineapple
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and spices
- Mix the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture until just moistened. Do not overmix
- Bake 20-25 minutes of until the tops spring back
- Let cool and frost
Tips & Notes:
Originally shared November 1, 2010