Crips pears, caramelized walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese are just a few of the delicious flavors in this Pear Salad.
Nordstrom’s Cafe has some pretty amazing salads. One of my favorite salads is a Caramelized Walnut and Pear Salad. I wanted to recreate this salad at home and came up with a delicious recipe for a pear salad of my own.
This salad has a lot of fun flavors going on. The sweetness of the pear and the caramelized walnuts, the crunch of the red pepper, and the tang of the Gorgonzola Cheese.
Then the whole thing is topped with a yummy homemade Champagne Vinaigrette. Champagne Wine Vinegar can be hard to find, so you can also substitute White Wine Vinegar. In addition to the Champagne vinegar, the vinaigrette is made with shallots, Dijon mustard, garlic, oil and sugar. It is delicious!
Pear Salad Recipe
Crips pears, caramelized walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese are just a few of the delicious flavors in this pear and walnut salad.
- 1 C Caramelized Walnuts see recipe below
- 1 C crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 pears cut in thin slices
- 1 C red pepper slices
- 1/2 C Champagne Vinaigrette see recipe below
- 1 C walnuts
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 C Champagne wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 C canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine sugar and nuts in a pan on medium heat. Stir until sugar is melted and nuts are coated and begin to brown. Place on a plate to cool.
- In a bowl combine shallot, mustard, sugar, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well using a wire whisk. Makes about 2 Cups
- Combine greens, nuts, cheese, pears and red peppers in bowl. Top with Champagne Vinaigrette.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.