Fall is here. I can tell because my furnace has turned on and there is candy corn in the store!
I have a bit of a love affair with candy corn! I won’t tell you how many bags I have already bought! I am not sure what it is about candy corn other than it is so darn cute! I love the shape, the color, the size, the taste – I just love everything about it.
I was in Target today and they had the cutest little Halloween costume – it was a piece of candy corn. If there was someone at my house who I thought would fit into it or wear it I so would have bought it but I think it was a size 2 Toddler!
I collect candy corn recipes. Yes, I have a file folder totally devoted to recipes containing, shaped like or resembling candy corn! One of my favorite candy corn recipes from last year was White Chocolate and Candy Corn Popcorn.
And there were those cute Candy Corn Shaped Rice Krispie treats!
Today’s recipe is one I printed off last Halloween and never had a chance to share. I have been waiting an entire year to make Recipe Girl’s Candy Corn Cookie Bark!
Not only is it bright and colorful but it is yummy too!
The sweetness of the Oreos, white chocolate, and candy corn is a great combination with the saltiness of the pretzels.
The first step is to spread your broken up Oreos (I used the Halloween ones with the orange filling), pretzels and candy corn on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Melt your white chocolate (I prefer to use the round melting discs you can buy in the bulk food section. I found them at Winco or use Almond Bark) and pour over the top of the cookie mixture. Spread with a spatula if needed to get it all covered.
I used my spatula to push the outer edges in toward the middle.
Let the chocolate set. You may place in the refrigerator if needed.
Gently break bark into small pieces for serving and munching!
Store in an airtight container.
- 14 whole Oreos broken up. I used the Halloween ones with the orange filling but regular will work fine
- 1 1/2 C pretzels broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. white chocolate almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
- 1 C candy corn
- brown and orange colored sprinkles
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper
- Spread broken cookes, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the candy corn onto the waxed paper
- Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes
- Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth
- White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly
- Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet
- Do not let it harden
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm
- Remove and gently break bark into small pieces
- Store in air tight container
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!