Butter shortbread bars topped with simple tiger butter chocolate!
Today we are welcoming Tanya from Lemons for Lulu to our Bake Craft Sew series! If you haven’t visited Tanya’s blog, please do so now!
You can thank me later!
Make sure to check out Thirty Handmade days for CRAFT, Skip to My Lou for SEW and Classy Clutter for DECORATE. We’re all sharing fun posts throughout the entire month to get you inspired for the holidays!
November is here, which means I need to start thinking about my holiday baking! I know you might think it’s too early, but what ca I say, I’m a planner.
I usually make no less than dozen different kinds of cookies. I would pair this number down, but I can never decide which cookies to make; so to play it safe I just make them all.
A year never goes by without some shortbread bar. I love shortbread; it’s rich, buttery and flaky. It’s wonderful on its own, but when you top it with a mix of chocolate, white chocolate and peanut butter, well then you have yourself one irresistible dessert!
I typically only see tiger butter as bark or even as fudge, but I personally like this combination of creamy chocolate and buttery shortbread. It’s satisfying and filling; it’s something you can sink your teeth into!
The shortbread crust for these bars is made with butter, sugar, and flour. The dough will be crumbly, don’t fret! You will bake this just until golden. As soon the crust has cooled you will top it with a mixture of white chocolate chips and peanut butter. I let this set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so. Finally, the peanut butter layer gets covered with melted chocolate. Let this set for another 30 minutes or so before you cut these bars and dig in!
I have a feeling these tiger butter bars are going to make a yearly appearance on our Christmas cookie tray, and I hope they appear on yours too!
Butter Shortbread Bars
- ? cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 10 oz package white chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, mix together ? cup butter, sugar and flour. The dough will be crumbly.
- Press into an 8x8 in square pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Let shortbread cool completely
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave another 10 seconds if necessary until mixture is smooth.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over shortbread.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate over the peanut butter layer and allow bars to set completely before cutting.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.