Soft on the inside, crunchy around the edges and covered in a maple glaze makes these cookies pretty much irrestibile!
I am a huge fan of brown sugar. I often will substitute white sugar in a recipe with brown sugar. I love the slightly deeper flavor the brown sugar gives things, especially baked goods. The addition of brown sugar to this Brown Sugar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is fabulous and it also works well with this Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookie.
Remember that snow and ice storm I told you about on Monday. Well, not only did it put me in the mood to make soup but how could I not make a batch of cookies too?! Snow and homemade cookies pretty much go hand in hand. The flavor of brown sugar in these cookies pairs beautifully with the maple flavor of the glaze. I used maple extract to give it a real maple bunch. You could use maple syrup but the flavor won’t be quite as strong. The subtle cinnamon flavor and the addition of dark Karo syrup all combine to give these cookies amazing flavor and texture.
After the cookies cool slightly, I use a plastic baggie to pipe on the glaze, just clip the corner of the bag and pipe your glaze onto the cookies.
I love the combination of chewy and crispy in a cookie and this one has it all. I dare you to eat just one!
Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup dark Karo syhrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 Tbsp dark Karo syrup
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream enough to get desired consistency
- In a mixing bowl beat together butter, Karo, sugar and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add in remaining cookie ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into a ball and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 9-10 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges and lightly browned all over.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together until smooth and a good piping consistency. Place in a plastic bag and cut off the corner of the bag and pipe glaze onto cookies after they cool slightly.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!