Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies are taken to the next level when you coat them in potato chips and add in caramel bits! The sweet and salty combo can’t be beat.
I pretty much haven’t meet a chocolate chip cookie I didn’t like. One of my favorite things in the world is a warm chocolate chip cookie with a cold glass of milk. It just doesn’t get much better than that in my book. As I’ve mentioned before, I have made a hobby out of trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes, kind of like how other people collect things, I collect chocolate chip cookie recipes! I keep telling myself I have enough but can you ever have enough good chocolate chip cookie recipes!? I think not and I just can’t resist trying a new one when I find it.
I’m pretty much a chocolate chip cookie snob and purist all rolled into one. The majority of times I like my chocolate chip cookies just like the name says, with chocolate chips. I don’t like nuts or raisins or my add ins, in my cookies. Today’s recipe is an exception to my preference for no add ins to chocolate chip cookies. The recipe includes not just chocolate chips but also caramel bits and potato chips, yes, potato chips and let me tell you – it’s good!
The sweet and salty combo you get with the addition of the crushed up potato chips is pretty amazing.
Chocolate and Potato Chip Cookies
But not only are the potato chips added into the cookie dough but your cookies are also rolled in crushed potato chips!!
Trust me on this one because it’s a good one. You can make these cookies any size you want but I like them big, I make my balls of dough about 1/4 cup worth. You’ll be glad it’s a big cookie after you take your first bite.
These bakery style chocolate chip cookies are crunchy on the edges but nice and chewy in the middle. The bits of chocolate and caramel add a perfect amount of sweetness and the addition of the salty potato chips totally brings the cookie into perfect balance and harmony! All you need, is a big glass of cold milk!!
You’re going to want to try these!
More favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes:
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies with Potato Chips and Caramel
- 4 cups potato chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crush 2 cups of potato chips and set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a mixer on high until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well until creamy.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add in 2 cups of potato chips, chocolate chips and caramel bits and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls and roll in the crushed potato chips. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a rack.