The addition of dried apple, white chocolate chips, cinnamon and toffee bits gives you all the great flavor of apple pie in an Apple Pie Cookie!
This post is sponsored by Country Crock® but all opinions are my own.
The holiday season is here, whether we want to admit it or not! Two of my favorite things about the holidays are cookies and pie. And at our house one of my favorite holiday activities is our annual Cookie Baking Day with my girls and friends. Today I’ve got a recipe I’ll be using at our annual cookie baking day and one that combines my two favorite things, pie and cookies. Apple Pie Cookies are the best of both worlds.
To help simplify the process I love having one easy cookie recipe that I can dress up or down and today I’m sharing Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe which makes the perfect base cookie dough. All you have to do is add in 1-2 cups of your favorite mix-ins. The possibilities are really endless.
For today’s cookie I added in white chocolate chips, toffee bits, dried apples and cinnamon.
After mixing up the cookie dough, just add in the mix ins of your choice. I loved the flavor and the texture that the dried apple pieces gave the cookie.
Along with Country Crock®, I believe in having fun in the kitchen and putting together fun, new creative combinations the whole family will love is fun!! Put together your own favorite combination, share it on Social Media and be sure to share it with the hashtag #MakeItYours.
You can find lots of inspiration for your mix in combination by visiting Country Crock®. I’ve got lots of mix in combination ideas on my list that I can’t wait to try. It would be a fun family night activity too. Mix up a batch of the Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe and then let each family member add in their favorite mix ins into part of the dough. Have a cookie bake off and see which combo you like the best!
Country Crock® spreads gives you a fresh taste made from ingredients you can pronounce. I like that!
The possibilites are endless with the Make It YoursTM Cookie Dough Recipe so I’m going to tag my friend Chrissy over at The Taylor House to see what fun combination she comes up with! Be sure and pay Chrissy and check out her combination.
How To Make Apple Pie Cookies
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 1/2 cup dried apples chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into
- a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda until blended (dough will besoft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins. (Try leftover Halloween candy, or use your favorite mix-ins such as dried fruit, HERSHEY’S Kitchens® baking chips, sprinkles, etc)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely