Teachers are my heroes and I love showing them how much we appreciate them. When my children were younger, my favorite parent volunteer job was being in charge of Teacher Apprecation Week.
I am now the mother of a teacher and have even more appreciation for teachers! Today I am here to share with you a fun idea to show the teacher’s in your life how much you appreciate them.
Apple cupcakes are easy to make. You can of course make everything from scratch or you can used a cake mix and canned frosting. You can use any flavor cake mix you like but I love using a red velvet cake mix for the color.
and made my favorite buttercream frosting and tinted it red. They are so easy to make the kids will have fun making them for their teachers.
How to Make Apple Shaped Cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes per directions on back of box.
- Use some cute little red and white polka dot cupcake liners.
- Mix up frosting using this buttercream recipe. Tint with red food coloring.
- Pile on the frosting. Make the frosting higher in the middle to make it look more like an apple. Make sure the frosting reaches all the way to the edges of the cupcake liner.
- Dip the frosted top into a bowl full of your red sprinkles.
- Use a pretzel stick as your apple stem.
- Create an apple leaf with some spearmint leaves candy cut in half.
Then because it’s all in the presentation, you can package the cupcake in a cute little box and tie it up with some ribbon and your teacher will love it.
Post originally shared at Skip to My Lou.