This homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream is creamy, refreshing and delicious. Add in chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate mint candy.
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Our family is a divided camp when it comes to mint. Some of us love it, some of us don’t. I am absolutely camp mint and don’t mind that some family members don’t like it because that just means there is more for me!
There is something so refreshing about mint in ice cream and it is perfect when combined with chocolate. Growing up, my sister worked at Baskin Robbins so our freezer was always full of their ice cream and their mint chocolate chip was always my favorite.
Ice Cream Ingredients
Mint Flavor. For this recipe I have used mint syrup The Green Mint flavor can be difficult to find but you can get it on Amazon. If you can’t find it you can always use mint extract and some green food coloring.
Chocolate. I am a big fan of those little rectangular Andes Mints and they are my favorite thing to add into mint ice cream but you could use lots of other things too
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Variations
For the chocolate part of this ice cream you can get creative. You can add in:
- Chocolate chips
- Andes Mint
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Thin Mint or Grasshopper Cookies
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Mix together sugar, pinch of salt, milk, whipping cream and half and half.
- Add in mint syrup or mint extract to taste.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Add in chopped candy or chocolate chips. If you are using chocolate cookies add those in when the ice cream is almost done processing so that they don’t totally dissolve into the ice cream.
- After done processing, pour ice cream into an insulated container and freeze to allow it to harden.
Some of our other favorite ice cream flavors:
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Cinnamon and Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Maple Ice Cream
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Andes Mint Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp mint syrup or to taste or mint extract to taste (1-2 tsp)
- 1 box of Andes mints chopped
- Combine sugar, whole milk, salt, half and half, vanilla and whipping cream. Stir to combine and allow sugar to dissolve.
- Add in mint syrup to taste and chopped Andes mint candy. Pour into ice cream freezer.
- Process in ice cream freezer until set up and firm. May place in freezer when done processing to allow it to set up more.