This Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is light and airy and has a delicate chocolate almond flavor. And it is also gluten free!
My lovely friend Sara made this delicious almond flour chocolate cake for her daughter that is gluten free. She immediately sent the recipe to me so I could make it for my husband. And believe me, gluten free or not, you will want to try this cake. It has a light texture and a delicious chocolate almond flavor. Everyone will love it.
The almond chocolate cake recipe uses 9 eggs, so it is very light. It is basically a chiffon cake . It uses almond flour, making it gluten free. The texture is great and the flavor is nice and light too. Most flourless chocolate cakes are dense and heavy, so the addition of the almond flour makes for a nice change. So light and airy!
I baked it in an angel food cake pan with a removable bottom. Be sure and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan. Just turn the pan upside down. Mine has little legs so it doesn’t sit flat on the surface, you want some air around the pan.
Like a lot of chiffon cakes the top of the cake sunk a bit but it was the perfect place to load up with whipped cream and berries!
I whipped up a cup of whip cream and then added the berries. So delicious! The perfect summer dessert.
No one will know it’s gluten free and your gluten free friends will be so grateful!
Just grab a fork and dig in!
Check out more of my delicious gluten free recipes!
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake Recipe
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
- 9 eggs. separated
- 1 C sugar divided
- 5 oz. semi sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 tsp almond extract
- whipped cream
- In a bowl combine egg yolks and 1/2 C sugar and beat on high speed until light yellow.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate, vanilla and 1/2 C of almond flour in with the yolks and sugar. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form and then add in 1/2 C sugar,
- Increase speed and beat until egg whites hold their shape but not too stiff or dry.
- Fold one cup of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Then fold chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites along with 1/2 C of almond flour.
- Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 60-75 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Top of cake may sink a bit. Don't worry - just fill it with whipped cream and berries!