You really can make these delicious Orange Rolls in one hour! The fastest and easiest orange rolls you’ll ever make!
One of the most popular recipes here on my blog is the recipe for 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls. This recipe has revolutionized my cinnamon roll making and that of many of my readers. I get comments and emails all the time about how amazing this recipe is. You no longer have any excuses not to make homemade cinnamon rolls thanks to that recipe. And yes, it is true, you can make them in 60 minutes!
They are almost as amazing as my 30 Minute Dinner Roll recipe!
With Easter coming soon my thoughts naturally turn to orange rolls because they are a favorite at our house and a must serve at Easter. As a child my mother made the orange rolls but now that duty has fallen to me. A job I gladly fulfill every year.
So, I figured if I could make one hour Cinnamon Rolls why couldn’t I make One Hour Orange Rolls. Guess what? I can!
With a few little tweeks and combining my Cinnamon Roll recipe with my mom’s Orange Roll recipe I had it!
I made the dough just the same and then instead of a cinnamon filling I used butter, granulated sugar and orange zest. Rolled them up, cut them and let them raise!
This recipe makes 12 big rolls so if you’d prefer smaller, dinner roll size, just divide your dough and filling in half and repeat the roll making process twice and you’ll have 24 rolls. So you are working with two smaller pieces of dough rather than one large one. Watch as they get big and wonderful as they bake. They will continue to rise during the baking time. I make them in either a 9 x 13 pan where they get more squished together or if I want them more as individual rolls I use a large baking sheet so they have a little bit more room.
Of course no orange roll is complete with out a powdered sugar and orange juice glaze.
This are perfect for Easter and just about anytime and no one is going to believe you made them in one hour!
One Hour Orange Rolls
One Hour Orange Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- ¾ cup buttermilk room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 Tbsp regular yeast
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 cup bread flour can also use all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- enough orange juice to make it spreading consistency.
- Mix together water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and yeast in a bowl. Allow to sit for 15 minutes..
- Add in salt, eggs and flour and mix for 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While resting prepare your filling ingredients.
- Roll dough out on to greased countertop into a 12 x 16 inch square.
- Sprinkle with filling and roll up. Cut into 12 large rolls.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Let rise for 15 minutes
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- Mix together frosting and spread on warm rolls.