Washi Tape Easter Eggs

Washi eggs

I have developed a new little addiction this year.  Washi Tape.

For those of you who don’t know what Washi Tape is – it is Japanese masking tape.  It isn’t like the boring cream colored masking tape we use here in the US – it is pretty masking tape.  So of course I had to have me some.  I had to have me a lot!

Here are  just a few of them.

I am using Washi Tape on lots of things.  It is a fun and colorful way to tape close a present, no more clear scotch tape.  If you order a pillow from my etsy shop it will come wrapped and taped with Washi Tape.

I’ve also been using it in my scrapbooking and any time I need a piece of tape.  Why use clear tape when you can use Washi Tape.

I saw some darling Easter eggs over at Craftaholics Anonymous that had been closed up with Washi Tape and loved it.  It was the perfect way to decorate up the eggs I was putting in the Easter care package I was sending to the kids in Utah.

How cute are these!?
It’s so easy to do.  After you have filled your egg with your favorite candy just wrap a piece of tape around the seam of the egg.

It turns a plain egg into a pretty egg!
You can find Washi Tape in every color, pattern and design.

Some of my favorite places to purchase Washi Tape are: Cute Tape, Sawyer’s Place, Japanistic, and you can find lots of it on Etsy.  Two of my favorite etsy shops to buy Washi tape are Pretty Tape and In the Clear.

Warning:  It can become addictive.

What are you putting in your Easter eggs this year?  Mine are full of Starburst and Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, mini Milk Ways, Reese Chocolate Eggs!

Comments

1. lisa says

Beautiful! I have to get some for our eggs, thank you for the idea. I see Amazon carries Martha Stewart brand, do you think Michaels would have it?

2. Mary Schleining says

This tape is ADORABLE!!! I have never heard of it. I will definitely be getting some of this!! As always, thanks for your wonderful blog with all of the great ideas and recipes!!

3. Sasha says

These are super cute! You’re right, washi tape is so addicting! I get my fix through a cute company called wishy washi tape at wishywashi.com!

What a cute way to dress up EVERYONE’S same old Easter Eggs! LOVE THIS! Thanks for posting! Saw you on Work it Wednesday at High Heels and Grills. I love your blog! Stop by Cook and Craft me Crazy sometime – xoxo Brook

That tape is terrific, i love the patterns!! Okay eggs….well…hanging head low…nothing spectacular. I always out candy and money. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

6. Leslie says

I love washi tape, it really is addicting!

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

Thank you for sharing your delightful washi tape eggs with us at A Crafty Soiree. I have a whole bucket full of tape so I could make a ton in no time at all. I featured you in this week’s post, which will be up at midnight EST and I hope you’ll stop by to see it and share more of your crafty skills with us!

I am so addicted to washi tape, too! It is so fun to decorate with! Your eggs are adorable. What a fun and pretty way to seal those eggs. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. You are always such an inspiration! Hope you are having a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathy

For preschool we have to seal up the eggs so the candy doesn’t fall out during the hunt. I am going to pick up some fun Spring colored Washi tape to do the job! Thanks for the great idea!

10. Claire @ Polkadot pretties says

Thank you for linking up @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party last weekend ..

Your awesome project is featured this week!

I would love for you to come and join us again this weekend ( this weeks party is now live )

Claire @ Polkadot pretties

These are so cute! I’ve been trying to not notice washi tape because I know once I get started there will be a whole new obsession — that pic of the pile of pretties may have just pushed me over the edge! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!