Washi Tape Easter Eggs

Washi eggs

I have developed a new little addiction this year.  Washi Tape.

For those of you who don’t know what Washi Tape is – it is Japanese masking tape.  It isn’t like the boring cream colored masking tape we use here in the US – it is pretty masking tape.  So of course I had to have me some.  I had to have me a lot!

Here are  just a few of them.

I am using Washi Tape on lots of things.  It is a fun and colorful way to tape close a present, no more clear scotch tape.  If you order a pillow from my etsy shop it will come wrapped and taped with Washi Tape.

I’ve also been using it in my scrapbooking and any time I need a piece of tape.  Why use clear tape when you can use Washi Tape.

I saw some darling Easter eggs over at Craftaholics Anonymous that had been closed up with Washi Tape and loved it.  It was the perfect way to decorate up the eggs I was putting in the Easter care package I was sending to the kids in Utah.

How cute are these!?
It’s so easy to do.  After you have filled your egg with your favorite candy just wrap a piece of tape around the seam of the egg.

It turns a plain egg into a pretty egg!
You can find Washi Tape in every color, pattern and design.

Some of my favorite places to purchase Washi Tape are: Cute Tape, Sawyer’s Place, Japanistic, and you can find lots of it on Etsy.  Two of my favorite etsy shops to buy Washi tape are Pretty Tape and In the Clear.

Warning:  It can become addictive.

What are you putting in your Easter eggs this year?  Mine are full of Starburst and Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, mini Milk Ways, Reese Chocolate Eggs!

Comments

lisa says:

Beautiful! I have to get some for our eggs, thank you for the idea. I see Amazon carries Martha Stewart brand, do you think Michaels would have it?

Jessica J says:

How cute! I love this idea!
    Jessica J recently posted..A Life-Changer

Melinda says:

Uh oh. I should NOT have read your post today. I can imagine SO many uses for this tape! Now, my Easter hunt is for Washi tape!
    Melinda recently posted..Embracing a Stained Carpet Life

Mary Schleining says:

This tape is ADORABLE!!! I have never heard of it. I will definitely be getting some of this!! As always, thanks for your wonderful blog with all of the great ideas and recipes!!

This is such a great idea! I’ve been trying to come up with a great idea for those plastic Easter eggs.
    Kristin @brilliantlikefireflies recently posted..Two Little Containers

I’d never heard of that kind of tape. Now I’ll have to get some. So cute!
    Caren with a “C” recently posted..Nurturing Moms and Families

Sasha says:

These are super cute! You’re right, washi tape is so addicting! I get my fix through a cute company called wishy washi tape at wishywashi.com!

Sweet. funny how we can have a real passion for certain craft supplies. for me it is knitting/crochet needles at the moment.

I love washi tape! I can’t wait for my Pick Your Plum order to get here! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!

Kristina says:

ADORABLE! I didn’t even know about washi tape until about 2 weeks ago! Time to get me some. where do you get it?

Paula J says:

Now this is a cute way to jazz up your Easter eggs :)

Kelly says:

Just Pinned! We love you at Whimsy Wednesday! Thanks for making the party look so good:) XOXO

Brooklyn says:

What a cute way to dress up EVERYONE’S same old Easter Eggs! LOVE THIS! Thanks for posting! Saw you on Work it Wednesday at High Heels and Grills. I love your blog! Stop by Cook and Craft me Crazy sometime – xoxo Brook

What a darling way to seal up plastic Easter eggs! They always have a way of popping open, so this is perfect and cute at the same time!
    Laurie @ Simply Creating Home recently posted..Easter Tablescape

Such a simple idea and completely adorable!

Super cute!! :*)
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com recently posted..Word Wednesday: New Mercies Every Morning

Very cute! Everyone loves quick ideas that look great. :)
    Jelly beans are always a good choice for filling Easter eggs.

Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Christina at I Gotta Create! recently posted..Wildly Original link party #43

Vanessa says:

Pretty! I love washi tape, I don’t have much of it though. I need to get some more.
    Vanessa recently posted..Mini Album

Elena says:

I love this idea! I always wondered what you could use this tape for! So pretty!

That tape is terrific, i love the patterns!! Okay eggs….well…hanging head low…nothing spectacular. I always out candy and money. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo
    Katherines Corner recently posted..Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 79

I just got Reagan a ton of these plastic eggs to play with before Easter…thank you for the idea!

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Lanaya @ Raising Reagan recently posted..Raising Imperfection Sunday Link Up Week 19

Leslie says:

I love washi tape, it really is addicting!

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

Lauren says:

These look so pretty…and so easy to do! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!
    Lauren recently posted..A Pinteresting Party | Week 83

Ruthie says:

What a cute way to dress up a plastic egg! Thanks so much for coming to (link) party with me… I hope you’ll come again next week to Super Saturday Show & Tell! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie
    Ruthie recently posted..Breakfast Pie

Love washi tape and love your eggs! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at our Monday Funday link party!

Take care,

Trish
    Trish @ Uncommon recently posted..Monday Funday Link Party {#10}

Jess says:

What an easy idea!! Thanks for linking up at the Link Up!
    Jess recently posted..Plucky’s Link Up #3

Simple and beautiful! Love it!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way recently posted..Next Big Project: Moving on out(doors)

So Cute and Fun!
    Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!
    Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Bunny Tail Lemon Cookies

Lolly Jane says:

Love it! Simple and stylish!
    Lolly Jane recently posted..The Scoop | link party

Katie says:

Thank you for sharing your delightful washi tape eggs with us at A Crafty Soiree. I have a whole bucket full of tape so I could make a ton in no time at all. I featured you in this week’s post, which will be up at midnight EST and I hope you’ll stop by to see it and share more of your crafty skills with us!

So cute! What a fun twist on regular Easter eggs :)
    Angie – easylivingmom.com recently posted..Mother’s Day Flower Gift for Children to Make

Kathy Moody says:

I am so addicted to washi tape, too! It is so fun to decorate with! Your eggs are adorable. What a fun and pretty way to seal those eggs. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. You are always such an inspiration! Hope you are having a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathy
    Kathy Moody recently posted..Bloglovin’ and Google+ Blog Hop

Lorie says:

For preschool we have to seal up the eggs so the candy doesn’t fall out during the hunt. I am going to pick up some fun Spring colored Washi tape to do the job! Thanks for the great idea!

Claire @ Polkadot pretties says:

Thank you for linking up @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party last weekend ..

Your awesome project is featured this week!

I would love for you to come and join us again this weekend ( this weeks party is now live )

Claire @ Polkadot pretties

These are so cute! I’ve been trying to not notice washi tape because I know once I get started there will be a whole new obsession — that pic of the pile of pretties may have just pushed me over the edge! Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!