My garden is full of spring flowers. The lilacs are blooming and my snowball tree is about ready to explode!! That also means that lemon season is here and today’s recipe for Swedish Lemon Pancakes is the perfect thing for a spring breakfast or Mother’s Day brunch.
I’ve been stocking up on lemon curd lately and I just can’t seem to get enough of it. Today’s recipe for Swedish Lemon Pancakes is the perfect way to put some of that lemon curd to use. Lemon Curd is also a crucial ingredient in this Lemon Foldover Coffee Cake which is amazing! Be sure and save some lemon curd for my favorite springtime/Easter pie too –Lemon Curd Ice Cream Pie.
Mother’s Day is close at hand. Maybe someone will be making you breakfast in bed and needs a few menu suggestions?! Or maybe there is a Mother’s Day brunch in your future. I love any excuse for brunch. Lemon always has a starring role in my brunch menu and this year I’m thinking today’s recipe for Swedish Lemon Pancakes would be the perfect Mother’s Day treat. These pancakes are very similar to a crepe, a nice thin pancake. They are perfect for brunch because you can serve them warm or room temperature.
It is a thin batter and some lemon zest gives it a nice subtle lemon flavor.
The pancakes are made in a frying pan or a crepe pan, just like a crepe is made. After they are all cooked comes the fun part – you get to cover them with lemon curd. You can purchase lemon curd at the grocery store in the jam/jelly aisle or you can make your own. Homemade lemon curd is amazing! Just fold your pancake in half and spread half of the half with about 1 Tbsp of lemon curd.
Fold the pancake over again, in half.
After your pancakes are all filled with lemon curd give them a dusting of powdered sugar and top them with some sweetened sour cream and fresh raspberries.
The slight sourness of the sweetened sour cream balances out the sweetness of the lemon curd.
Not only are these Swedish Lemon Pancakes delicious but they are oh so pretty too!
- 1½ C all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2½ C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- butter, melted
- 1 C lemon curd
- Sweetened Sour Cream
- 1 C whipping cream
- ½ C sour cream
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, lemon peel and salt.
- In mixer beat eggs on medium speed until thick and lemon colored.
- Add milk and vanilla, beat to combine
- Add in flour mixture and beat until smooth(batter will be thin)
- Heat a 10 inch non stick skillet, brush with melted butter.
- Pour ⅓ C of pancake batter into pan and tilt so that batter covers bottom of pan.
- Cook until golden brown and flip, cook until other side is golden brown. About 1 minute each side.
- Invert onto paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Whip cream and fold in sour cream and brown sugar.
- To serve, fold pancake in half, spread with 1 Tbsp lemon curd and fold in half again.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh raspberries and sweetened sour cream.
Recipe originally posted at 30 Handmade Days.
Want Tips for Working with Lemons?
Want my Top 10 Tips for working with lemons? Enter your email below and get the printable download instantly! You'll also be subscribed to my newsletter so you can stay updated on my latest recipes.