So what are you having for breakfast Christmas morning?
The last thing I want to be doing is spending a lot of time in the kitchen!
With all the holiday crazies going on have you even thought about it?
I’ve got a great suggestion if you need one. We love just about anything Snickerdoodle at our house – cookies, muffins, cupcakes, blondies. So when I happened upon a recipe for Snickerdoodle French Toast over at the Land O’ Lakes website I knew we’d love it.
The french toast is made the night before so it makes Christmas morning prep simple.
After being dipped in the egg mixture the bread is then coated in crushed up Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, (one of my kid’s favorite cereals) and then sits over night in the refrigerator.
The cereal coating gives the french toast some extra cinnamon flavor plus a great crunch!
Of course, the cinnamon goodness is only made better when you smoother it in cinnamon syrup!!
- 1¼ C half & Half
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 C cinnamon and sugar crispy sweetened whole wheat and rice cereal, crushed (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
- 12 (3/4-inch thick) slices French bread
- Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Add together the half & half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Crush cereal in a plastic bag and then place in a shallow bowl.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture then into cereal crumbs, both sides.
- Place into prepared pan.
- Cover; freeze until firm (1 to 2 hours or overnight).
- Can be baked in oven at 425 degrees, uncovered, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. I cooked mine on my electric griddle. Serve with butter and syrup.
Recipe originally shared over at Portland Mama.
Be sure and leave a comment and let me know what you are having for Christmas morning breakfast.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!