Salsa – Quick and Easy

SalsaWhat would a proper Cinco de Mayo celebration be without some chips and salsa?

Salsa

If you have never made your own salsa before because you thought it was too much work, too much chopping, today’s recipe is for you.

Salsa

It doesn’t get any quicker or easier than this.  O.K., except maybe buying it at the store.

We love to go out for Mexican food and one of the reasons is the chips and salsa.  I love restaurant style salsa.  It’s not too chunky but just a little chunky.

Salsa

Over a year ago I found this recipe over at Pioneer Woman and I’ve been making it ever since.  It makes a large batch so it is great for a party or having lots of leftovers which we love at our house.  One of my favorite things for lunch is chips and salsa.

After you roughly chop up the onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro, it all gets thrown in your food processor and pulsed together.  So easy.  Just make sure you have a big food processor!

Salsa

Then all you have to do is dip away!
Salsa

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Salsa

Quick and Easy Salsa

Printable Recipe

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)  Rotel is the brand.  Some stores carry a generic version.
¼ Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground Cumin
½ C Cilantro
½ whole Lime Juice

Rough cut your garlic, onion and jalapeno.

Put the tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, onion, salt, sugar, cumin, lime juice and cilantro into a  food processor.   You may also use a blender.  Pulaw until the salsa becomes the consistency, texture you like.  I did about 12 -14 pulses. Pour into a bowl.

Place bowl in refrigerator for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend together.  Enjoy!

Recipe from Pioneer Woman

Comments

Love the pics…my friends rave over this salsa. Have you had the Juanitas chips? They ate our family’s chip of choice. Have a great day!

2. Melanie C. says

what a coincidence!! just sat down with my taco salad lunch, with a generous amount of PWs salsa on top, and started reading this post! it really is a great salsa, and DOES make a bunch. I love having a container of it in the fridge, we eat it with almost everything!!
    love your site!

3. Erin says

This is one of our favorites too. If you can find fire roasted tomatoes they make it taste that much better!

4. Kelly says

Mmmm…just made a batch of this for our supper. It totally rocks! I can see us enjoying it quite often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

5. Morgan Culpepper says

I love this recipe, the only difference I use is I cut up the onion into smaller pieces and add it after pulsing the other ingredients. I LOVE this recipe though.

Fantastic pictures! This is an easy salsa and the texture looks great. I like salsas that aren’t too chunky.
    Thanks for sharing!

7. Cherish says

Is it possible to can this recipe? I’m new to canning and salsa-making, and I’m looking for any advice I can get. :)