Christmas is not Christmas at our house until there is Rocky Road Fudge.
For the last forty years my mother has made Rocky Road Fudge – it’s her holiday speciality.
I don’t think I have ever made Rocky Road Fudge, that is my mom’s job! She does it so well! I asked her to make a batch this week so I could share it here on the blog and she made it just the way I like it – a little less rocky. No nuts for me! I know it really isn’t truly Rocky Road with out the nuts but I don’t like nuts in my candy! The only rocks I like in my Rocky Road Fudge are marshmallows.
Pure chocolate fudgy goodness with marshmallows – yum!!
Since the fudge is nice and warm when you add the small marshmallows make sure you freeze them first so they hold their shape. This recipe is quick and easy as far as fudge recipes go and makes a nice big batch.
Maybe you can get your mom to make you some!
- 12 oz pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb. butter (2 sticks or cubes)
- 4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 C nuts, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Bag of minature marshmallows, frozen--cover the bottom of a large cookie sheet and freeze
- You will probably use about 2/3 of a 1 lb. bag of minature marshmallow
- Mix together sugar, milk and 20 lg. marshmallows and boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and butter
- Stir until thick, add nuts and let sit awhile to thicken up a bit, add vanilla and frozen marshmallows
- If you are not adding nuts you may want more marshmallows
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan