Crepe Bar Bridal Shower

Crepe Bar Bridal Shower

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely holiday weekend.  We flew our flag and gave thanks to all the men and women who have served and who are serving our country.  Last week we were able to spend a little  time with our “adopted son” James who just returned from his tour in Afghanistan and are so grateful for his safe return and for his service.  We also drove to Seattle on Monday to see a Mariner’s Game – Jim and his girls.  Safeco Field has great food!

One of the other things I did this weekend was host a bridal shower.  I worked with the bride’s sister to put things together.  We decided to go with a pink theme since the bride loves everything Barbie and has been a ballerina most of her life and is minoring in dance.  We used lots of pink and ballet influences for the decorations.  Thankfully my daughter Tessa has also been a ballerina so her point shows and old tutus came in handy!   I love it when I can use things I already have around the house to decorate with.

I saw a cute idea on a blog (sorry I can’t find the link) for a fun backdrop for the serving table.  I used a collection of pink fabric with a few blue and green thrown in (the colors matched in the invite.)  It was simple and cheap to put together and I think it turned out darling.  Tessa has asked me to make one in colors to match her college bedding so she can hang it on her dorm wall.

Martell Shower

I just tore (I wanted a rough edge) strips of fabric that were anywhere from 2-3 inches wide from the width of the fabric and then tied the strips onto a piece of ribbon.  I used thumbtacks to hang it on the wall.

Martell Shower

Of course we also had to have fresh flowers.  Some pretty pink tulips and then some lilacs and snowballs from the garden.

Martell Shower

I used the fun new chalkboard I shared last week and hung some of Tessa’s pink point shoes from it for an added touch.  I also used my vintage quilt to cover the windowseat.

Martell Shower

I bought about 7 yards of pink tulle and used it to dress up the table.  I just used ribbon and pins to tie it and fasten it to the table cloth on the corners and tied a big pink bow in the middle.

Martell Shower

I got out all my pink serving dishes too.

The shower was Saturday morning so we decided to do a crepe bar.  It was so fun and a HUGE hit!  Cathrine who was hosting the shower with me has a friend who just graduated from culinary school who made all the crepes for us.  Here is the crepe recipe.

Martell Shower

We had big bowls of berries – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.  As well as nutella and delicious homemade lemon curd made by the bride’s mother.

Martell Shower

There was also powdered sugar and lemon juice, cinnamon sugar and some sprinkles!

Martell Shower

I made up 3 different kinds of filling for the crepes – a chocolate mousse, cream cheese mouse and white chocolate mousse. No worries, I’ll be sharing all the recipes.  I must say the white chocolate was my favorite but the cream cheese disappeared the fastest!

Martell Shower

We also had some pink and white chocolate dipped strawberries.

Martell Shower

And some lovely French cheese puffs called gougeres.  Just like a cream puff but made with cheese.

Martell Shower

To drink there was Good Water. I love it!  I used one of Tessa’s old tutus around the punch bowl.

Martell Shower

Everyone loved the food and enjoyed visiting with one another.  We let the cute bride go first.

Martell Shower

In addition to my collection of pink dishes I picked up some clear glass plates at Ikea – they were less than a dollar each and then just used some clear canning jars to hold the silverware.  There were pink napkins of course (from Ikea)

Martell Shower

Congratulations Annette and Mark!

Comments

camie says:

Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!
    camie recently posted..taco chicken

leah belle says:

i love the wrought iron place card holders. where did you find those?
    leah belle recently posted..More Easter Goodies

You blessed her with an absolutely beautiful bridal shower! I loved seeing all the lovely pictures.
    BarefeetInTheKitchen recently posted..Bacon Dinner

Jessica H says:

I LOVE everything about this party. I love the backdrop, love the pink tulle, and I especially love the iron menu holders you have! I now have a new quest to find some for myself (though my equivalent of a Goodwill generally has pretty lousy pickins). You are so talented. I’m seriously going to remember this for the next party I host. I’m excited for the recipes!
    Jessica H recently posted..Strawberry Limeade

Ellen says:

My congrats to the lovng couple. How lucky was she to have you to host such a lovely shower. Can’t wait for the recipes. I love this idea! Creative and delish! I want the iron menu holders as well. There’s a whole new business :-) I’m going on a search for them at the next gift show in NY. I’ll let you know if I find them. If anyone finds them, can you please share! TY. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fabric and ribbon back drop. I’m going to do this in my daughters new apartment bedroom behind her bed and then use one of the fabrics for her curtains. Maybe some matching pillows from another one of the fabrics. Ohhhhhh, you inspired me…….as always! THANKS!!!!!!!! xo

• 5.1
      Leigh Anne says:

If you find a source for them Ellen please let me know!! Love the idea of using the fabric backdrop behind a bed and then adding matching pillows – you’ll have to send me a picture.

Nancy says:

Can I ask where you got the quote on the wall? Is it a vinyl one or did you have someone paint it for you?

Lara says:

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Ashley in pdx says:

I would like to know about the quote on the wall too- was it there already or something you did in conjunction with the party?

Mary Kathryn says:

Ohhh!! Come throw me a baby shower with all the same foods. I wouldn’t even make you do any decor just the food! :)

Rachelle says:

DARLING and OH SO YUMMY!! I can’t wait for the recipes, crepes are on my list to make this year. I hosted a fun party over the weekend, a Favorites Party. I made good water of course and some delicious eclair squares, you’ve got to try. The post is second one down on my blog! Happy Tuesday!

Kirstie says:

I love the pink bridal shower! You are so creative and have such good ideas. Maybe you could suggest a creative way to display 60 cupcakes for a garden wedding I am helping with in July. I was thinking about some terra cotta pots in various sizes in a tiered stand. Let me know if have any good ideas.
    Thanks.

• 11.1
      Leigh Anne says:

I think the terra cotta pots are a darling idea – you could just glue plates to the top of them and make them into cake stands and a tiered stand. So fun! Take a photo and send it to me.

Marm says:

Lots of great inspiration in that party. I’ve been craving crepes so I’ll anxiously await the recipes.

Peggy says:

Oh my goodness how cute!!! I love the wall quote and ribbons. The table looks just adorable. What a neat idea with the crepes. Love it all! Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful job, as always! Where did you get your beautiful sign holders? I recently helped do a vintage bridal shower, I think you’d like it!

Noelle says:

Very, Very Pretty!!! It looks so elegant! You have wonderful ideas, thanks for sharing!!!

Beautiful! I am slowly learning to create beautiful parties like this, but I have a long way to go!
    Amy’s Cooking Adventures recently posted..Cilantro-Lime Steak Tacos Honeymoon Tacos

la diamonds says:

Wonderful post. I love the colors. Very creative and it has full of personality. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda says:

I always love when you show a party you have hosted. I think my favorite thing are the food labels you make. Do you make them or do you purchase them somewhere? This is what I need for my parties. Let me know what you do for these. Thanks!!

• 18.1
      Leigh Anne says:

The food labels for this party I just did on my computer. I also have a digital scrapbooking program I use sometimes too. I have lots of fun fonts that I have collected too.

Wendy says:

LOVE THIS! What a neat idea to do a crepe bar!

Michelle says:

Can I get the crepe & filling recipes? I REALLY want to do this!!!! Thanks for the great ideas!!!

What an amazing idea–crepe bar looks delicious! You could even have your kids be the servers, with little berets :).
    Amy

moms dish says:

I love this idea. Next time I will be doing ladies get together, crepe bar is the way to go :)

afrah says:

dear.this idea is very unique of crepe table and all things seems mouth licking.

1. [...] new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!Having a crepe bar for the bridal shower I hosted last Saturday was so much fun.  It was fun, pretty and delicious.  The perfect [...]