Peeps on a Stick

Peeps on a stick@yourhomebasedmom.com

So if you have read my blog for any length of time you know that I am a bit of a Peep fan. People usually either love them or hate them.  I love them.

I have loved them since I was a kid.  They are just so darn cute!  Of course, my favorite way to eat them is after they have dried out for a while.

Well, I couldn’t let this Easter season go by without a Peep idea or two.  The Peep company actually came up with this idea and I saw it in my local grocery store.  I had to restrain myself from buying one or two – Peeps on a Stick.  I decided I could make them myself at home for a lot less than the $2.00 a piece price tag at the store.

Peeps on a Stick

So I picked up a few boxes of Peeps – one in every color and used some long lollipop sticks I already had at home.  You can usually find the sticks at the craft store or a cake/candy decorating store.

I just skewered the poor little things with the lollipop stick (you could also use bamboo skewers which may be easier to find) and I had Peeps on a Stick!
I think they look darling in a little Easter centerpiece.  I just filled a canning jar with some colorful jelly beans (These are the Jolly Rancher jelly beans) and added the sticks into the jar along with some other little ribbon flags I made using my leftover lollipop sticks.

They would look cute in a little white pitcher too. I wrapped these up in little plastic bags I had and tied them up with Baker’s Twine to give away as gifts.

What’s your favorite way to eat a Peep?!

Comments

That is soooooo cute! I just love it! All of the pastel colors and the marshmallowey goodness! Oh man, I’ve got to make these too! Thanks for posting.
    Bonnie@WhatAboutPie recently posted..How to use a French coffee press

These are too cute. And I love them tied together with twine. I am going to have to make some of these for neighbor and school treats. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

Nancy says:

Next time you are in Minneapolis you will have to make a stop at the Peeps store in the Mall of America!

Tasha says:

I make mine into smores using peeps, hershey kisses and graham crackers. It started one desperate night when I was sure I’d die without a smore but didn’t have the traditional ingredients and now it’s my preferred way to eat them :)

They look adorable!

Kim says:

These are so cute. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

Adorable idea! I might have to do this for Easter. So cute.

Krista says:

Super super cute. I’m going to do this for all of the kids at our Easter dinner. Thanks — love your blog! Blessings!
    Krista
    Krista recently posted..Traveling Companions

Cindy says:

Love the Peep’s in all the colors! Such a cute idea all wrapped up with twine and ready to go! I’m going to make some of these! Thanks!!!

Tammy says:

So adorable! These are a must this year! Thanks for sharing! Too Cute!

Love me some peeps!! I would love for you to link this up to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky! Hope to see you there!!

Katie @ Little Becky Homecky recently posted..Fantabulous Friday#6

Lori says:

I love peeps and this is so cute. I’m glad I found your blog at the Creations by Kara party. I’m a new fb follower too, so I can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by and followed back on LF and GFC. Nice to meet you, Lori
    Lori recently posted..Heart Bench

I love this idea! Except if I made these, I’d end up eating half the peeps before they made it onto the sticks =)
    caroline @ c.w.frosting recently posted..Mint Mallow Knockoffs

I’m loving your peeps on a stick! So fun that you made them! Would you be willing to link these up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I’d love to have you! Thanks, Michelle

Sue Bentz says:

I loved this idea for Easter treats for my piano students next week. I made 20 sticks and put them in a wide vase filled with jelly beans. They are super adorable. Your home looks really nice for Easter! Love your Blog.

TidyMom says:

So cute Leigh Anne!
    Thanks for linking up!
    I featured your post in my wrap up! http://tidymom.net/2012/12-easter-ideas/
    Have a great weekend!

Kim B. says:

I saw these at the store and had the same idea to make them myself, but what size sticks and bags did you use?

• 17.1
      Leigh Anne says:

I used 12 inch lollipop sticks and the bags were ones I already had and were also 12 inches long and a couple inches wide. I just cut them off to make them shorter.

mckinnbran says:

I saw this at the store as well. I knew I could make them using my left over peeps. I am so glad I wasn’t the only one with the idea that I could do this for a lot less. I love your pictures. Your peeps look wonderful!

Oh my goodness, these are so precious! I just added them to my Easter tablescape. Thanks for sharing these, I found them on Pinterest and Re-pinned :)

Kara says:

Thanks so much for linking these up to my party Leigh Anne! I don’t even like Peeps, but these are so darn cute that I’m tempted to buy them anyway. At least I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the centerpiece. ;)
    Kara recently posted..Coconut Macaroon Nests with Nutella

Allison says:

I think this is an awesomely cute idea. I bought some sticks at Michaels in the baking aisle. When I pushed the peeps onto the stick I had a STICKY MESS. please help! What’s the secret?

• 21.1
      Leigh Anne says:

Unfortunately – no secret. They are a bit stick when you push them through. Try spraying a little Pam on the top part of the stick and see if that helps. I didn’t think of that until I was done so not sure how it will work but it is worth a try!

Dee Dee Higgins says:

Where do you get those little plastic bags?

Lois Dixon says:

Any way I want it
    That’s the way I need it
    Any way you want it
    That’s the way you need it
    And THAT’S the way I like MY Peeps!
    (with apologies to Journey!)

Melissa Herriman says:

I am so in luv with this idea !!! This is what I will be doing for the kids at church this year !!! Thank you and God Bless you and your family :)

Lindsay says:

These look so cute! What kind of bags did you use to cover them?

Meegan says:

Oh my goodness! What a cute idea!! Love it!! Pinned it!!
    Meegan recently posted..I’ve Got The Monday Blues

Erica says:

This is such an easy thing to do but at the same time everyone will love it. It’s perfect for goody bags or as a feature on the dessert table at an Easter party! For more help planning your child’s party go to http://www.funtiqueparties.com.

Megan says:

Doing these for my son’s Easter party! Love the idea!

Elena says:

How adorable! Love this! I think I’m going to do this for my little one’s Easter basket :o)
    Elena recently posted..Silliness with my phone camera!

Maria B says:

Just letting you know that I featured your amazing project today in our Easter crafts roundup! Check it out here: http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/2013/03/15-last-minute-easter-ideas.html

Have a great day!
    Maria
    Maria B recently posted..15 Last Minute Easter Ideas

Crystal says:

Great idea, I just made these for my girls baskets. One other thing I did after separating the chicks was rub/dab the white marshmellow side against the leftover sugar in the boxes, or rub them against the bottom of the chicks, so you have no raw ends.

Mihelle says:

I am gonna make this to pass out for our kids at church. I am gonna cover them with treat bags I found at the local dollar store. Thanks for sharing this fun idea.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE dried out peeps too, that’s the only way to eat them! Everyone thinks I’m crazy! Glad I’m not alone! :)

Pam says:

These are so cute! My mother-in-law is nuts for peeps. This would make a great centerpiece for her! I included your tutorial in a little roundup of peeps crafts on my blog: http://www.leavesandstitches.com/2014/03/29/weekend-pinspiration-peep-crafts/.
    Pam recently posted..Weekend Pinspiration: Peep Crafts

Charlotte from AZ says:

Such a cute idea!! Definitely will getting my supplies tomorrow to make these for the weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

1. [...] Is it me or the holidays just keep coming faster and faster…It’s amazing how the holidays just “hop” up behind us! We seemed rushed these days but we always make time for a craft or two…Which leads me into my project today! Peeps on a Stick…we’ve seen them in stores – kids love them and well it’s either you love them or hate them – but as a craft project they are cute! I must mention I was “inspired” by a photo I pinned from Pinterest…and I thought how cute is this so a shout out goes to:  http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/peeps-on-a-stick/  [...]