Yesterday I had an over abundance of basil left over from dinner on Wednesday night so I needed to use it up. I also had a couple of chicken breasts that needed cooking and I was in a pasta kind of mood.
As a result I give you Pasta a la Leigh Anne.
The first step was to cut up the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I decided to marinade them for a little to give them a some more flavor. I mixed together some olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic salt and oregano.
For the sauce I sauteed some onions and garlic and then added in a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (use a good quality brand of tomatoes. I used San Marzano)
To that I added a little sugar, red pepper flakes, dried oregano and that fresh basil I had along with a small can of tomato sauce to thicken it up a bit. I then let it simmer for about 20 minutes while I cooked up the chicken in a frying pan. Once that was cooked I mixed it all together and served it over pasta (I had angel hair in the cupboard) A sprinkle of fresh Parmesan and some more fresh basil on top was the crowning touch.
I must say I was quite impressed with myself. I am pretty much a recipe user not recipe maker. Not only was it quick and easy to put together it was quite delicious and my family thought so too!
So next time you are in a pasta kind of mood give Pasta a la Leigh Anne a try! Enjoy!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ C chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ C chopped fresh basil, reserve some to sprinkle on top
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces(see marinade recipe below)
- ¼ C olive oil
- ¼ C red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
- Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, sugar, red pepper flakes and fresh chopped basil Simmer for 20 minutes
- While simmering cook marinaded chicken in a frying pan until cooked through
- Add chicken into sauce and serve over pasta
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix together and add cut up chicken
- Marinade for 30-60 minutes and then cook in a frying pan until meat is cooked through
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!