Paris}Notre Dame

One place I knew I had to visit while in Paris was Notre Dame.  Built in the 1600’s Notre Dame is a beautiful and elegant lady.

_dsc1244

The day had turned rather chilly and blustery and we even got rained on while we waited to climb the stairs to the very top of Notre Dame – over 300 stairs to the top!

_dsc1245

_dsc0018

We took turns waiting in line outside in the rain and going inside to see the beautiful chapel.

_dsc1235

_dsc1221

_dsc1231

img_5912

And then we began our climb to the top through a very narrow, dark and steep stairwell.  It was a little bit of a stretch for this claustrophobic girl!  But I have to say the view was worth it!
_dsc1308

_dsc1318

And the gargoyles were so fun to see up close!
_dsc1295

_dsc1262

Now I just need to watch the Hunchback of Notre Dame again!

_dsc0020

_dsc0030

_dsc0119

_dsc0099

Notre Dame was all I had expected and more.  Amazing.

Where to next??

_dsc1182

I think it’s time for some shopping!!

Paris}The Eiffel Tower

Paris}The Champs Elysees and The Louvre

Comments

1. Valerie H. says

Wow! These pictures bring back so many good memories. I love the way you
    altered your pictures. They have such an artsy feel and look like old postcards. Great shots and great job!

2. marti says

Such wonderful pictures with historical and fictional connections! How many stories high were you? I can relate to the claustrophopia. I’m proud of you.

3. Romy Greenwood says

Thank you for sharing! What did you think of the weather while you were there? Would you go again during that time? I have heard that much of France closes up shop for a united “vacation” in August.

We were there in mid-June and we had great weather – I wore a sweater most days. One day was warm enough in Paris that we didn’t need sweaters. I only wore my trench coat once in the evening when we cruised down the Seine. We were rained on one evening in London and one afternoon for just about an hour in Paris. You are right Paris does close up in August so I would stay away from August. I’d definitely go again in June.

Fantastic photos! I keep coming back to look at them and was wondering if you had used a preset or action on them.

(My family and I have been enjoying your raspberry and peach ice creams! Thanks for the recipes.)

5. Emmy says

I am having a blast looo\king through your Paris pictures. I love seeing the gargolyes, I want to watch Huncchback of Notre Dasme again too.