One of my favorite flavors from childhood is orange creamsicle. Orange creamsicle cookies are just as yummy!
One of my favorite flavors from childhood is orange creamsicle. There was nothing better on a hot summer day than a creamsicle bar.
I love the combination of orange and vanilla. In fact, last week when we were in Utah, in 30 degree temperatures I might add, I saw the board at Taco Amigo in Orem advertising their new Orange Freeze. The girls and I made a quick trip through the drive through window. I guess it’s never too cold for a good Orange Freeze! It was delicious.
So after spending 5 days away from my kitchen I was itching to do some baking this week. I had orange creamsicle on my mind and decided to experiment with a few orange cookie recipes. Let’s just say the first recipe is not making the blog but the second one is!
The combination of orange and white chocolate chips in a cookie is delicious – almost as good as an orange creamsicle.
I think it would be a perfect addition to any cookie plates you might be putting together for the holidays too. Orange is a nice flavor to add in with all of that chocolate and peppermint we seem to end up with at Christmas.
This recipe originally comes from the magazine Southern Living. The orange flavored cookie is light and refreshing and the addition of white chocolate chips just makes it even better.
Do you have a favorite flavor from childhood?
- 1 C butter, softened
- ⅔ C light brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 2¼ C flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add egg, orange rind, and extract, mix well
- Add together the flour, baking soda, and salt; slowly add to sugar mixture, mix just until blended Stir in white chocolate chips
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet or parchment covered sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
- Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet and then move to a cooling rack
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!