The day she took the photos I made a batch of Oatmeal Toffee Crisps and she followed me around the kitchen – it was so much fun. I almost felt famous!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and toffee.
Remember those Chocolate Chip and Toffee Scones - yum!
Chocolate chips and toffee bits are wonderful in cookies too! This cookie is a thin cookie that is crisp around the edges but slightly chewy in the middle – another perfect combination! I found the recipe for the Oatmeal Toffee Crisps over at Kara’s Kitchen Creations
Enjoy this fun pictorial as well as the cookies!
Ready for the oven….
And then we had fun being food stylists!
and I love this picture Meg took of me in my window seat – wrinkles and all!!
Thanks Meg for the fun pictures!
Now here’s the recipe!!
- 1 C soft butter or margarine
- 2 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 C oats
- 1 pkg Heath Bits O’Brickle Toffee Bits (about 1 1/2 cups) I used Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- 1 cup coconut (optional) I did not put the coconut in
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients, oats, toffee, and coconut.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.
- Let sit on cookie sheets for 3-4 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Makes about 5 dozen
- Make sure you let the cookies sit on the cookie sheets for a few minutes or they will fall apart when you transfer them to the cooling rack.