Note: If you haven’ shared your favorite New Year’s party food please add a link to your recipe here at my Linky Party! I can’t wait to try some of your recipes.
This recipe is always required for any big football watching occasion at our home. It is the first thing that Logan will request when I ask what they want. Be it New Year’s Day or Super Bowl Sunday there will be Mexican Layered Dip at our house.
It is similar to Seven Layer Dip but this one only has 6 layers!
The first step is to find a pretty serving dish. I just used a shallow white serving platter.
The first layer is guacamole. You can make it from scratch but I buy it at the store. I like the fresh guacamole they sell in the Deli section at Costco. But if you want to make your own I included a recipe below.
Second Layer – next comes the sour cream with taco seasoning added in.
Third Layer – a sprinkling of sliced black olives.
Fourth Layer – some nice chopped green onions.
Fifth Layer – grated cheddar cheese.
Sixth and final layer is some chopped tomatoes.
The only thing left is to add some chips for dipping. Happy football watching!!
- 4 small avocados
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbsp salsa
- 2 C sour cream
- 2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 can sliced olives
- 3 green onions, chopped
- grated cheese, about 2 cups
- chopped tomatoes, about 22-3 depending on size and amount desired
- Layer 2 cups guacamole onto serving dish
- Mash avocados, add mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, salsa and pepper
- Spread in dish
- Mix together sour cream, taco seasoning mix, mayo and layer over guacamole
- Mix together sliced olives, green onions, cheese, tomatoes and layer over sour cream mixture
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve with chips