Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark

cookie bark@yourhomebasedmom.com

Usually I just ignore St. Patrick’s Day.  Maybe it’s my lack of Irish blood.

So I was planning to just let it slip by again this year until during an email exchange with a blog reader we came up with the idea for some Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark!

I really thought I was done with cookie bark.

First there was Candy Corn Cookie Bark.

Then there was Reindeer Corn Cookie Bark

and at course at Valentine’s there was Cupid Corn Cookie Bar.

But now there is Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark

Look what you started Lori!!

cookie bark@yourhomebasedmom.comWe decided those yummy Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies would be a perfect addition to some cookie bark along with milk chocolate and pretzels. If you don’t know any Girl Scouts those mint Oreos would work great too and the green filling would be a nice added touch.

Since I haven’t seen any St. Patrick’s Day candy corn around I used green M & M’s instead.  I had picked up one of those packages of all green “love” M & M’s they have out at Valentine’s but you could use a regular bag and just pick out the green and brown ones.

I also picked up a bottle of Shamrock sprinkles at the craft store.

Combine all those ingredients together and you get Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark!!

Leprachaun cookie bark

So share the luck of the Irish with someone and make them a batch of Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark this St. Patrick’s Day!!

Guess what!?  My neighbor just called and she found Easter Candy Corn at the store!!!  I may have one more cookie bark left in me!  Check back at Easter time!

lucky leprechaun cookie bark - Page 451

Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark

• 14 whole Thin Mints or Mint Oreos, broken up.
  • 1 1/2 C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
  • 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
  • 1 C green M & M's , mint flavored work great or just milk chocolate.
  • green and white sprinkles

• Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper
  • Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the M & M's onto the waxed paper
  • Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes
  • Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth
  • White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate
  • Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly
  • Sprinkle remaining M & M's and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet
  • Do not let it harden
  • Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm
  • Remove and gently break bark into small pieces
  • Store in air tight container

You will substitute milk chocolate for white chocolate,  green M & M’s for candy corn and thin mints for Oreos.

Comments

1. Debbie says

Hi there!
    This is my first time commenting. Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blogs. I came across you in July 09 and I read you pretty much every day. I find so much inspiration and joy in your content. I am the mother of 4 (3 in college and 1 in high school) and I work full time. My heart longs to stay home and be a full time wife, mom and homemaker . I know right now I need to work full time as my job helps pay college tuition. Some days when I’m feeling overwhelmed, I can’t tell you how much your blogs lift me up. I just wanted to say thank you and let you know that even though I may not comment, I am always reading and appreciating all you do!

Well green is my favorite color, so this looks great to me! I like the idea of the Thin Mint cookies too! Too bad I am on a diet!!! I saw Easter candy corn at Target the other day and I thought of you. :)

I just had to come leave a comment that I tried your Cranberry Brie Pizza recipe for a baby shower I was hosting recently and it was so yummy, everyone raved about it! My friends couldn’t believe I was brave enough to try out a new recipe on the day of the shower, but I told them the recipe was from such a good source that I knew it had to be excellent!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and helping me come up with a creative, fairly easy, yummy appetizer!

I just tried entering your contest for the awesome pepper grinder, but the comment page couldn’t be found. I hope it is just me…but since there are no other comments it may not be. Thought you would like to know.

5. Brenda M says

I love St Patricks Day! Its my most favorite day of the year. This leprechaun bark will most definitely be a part of our celebrations this year. Thanks for the ideas!

This is so cute! I love dying things green on St. patricks day – usually whipped cream & mashed potatoes. :) Oh – green food dye in the water before cooking rice makes VERY GREEN rice. LOL

7. Allyson/@HBMomof2 says

Darn it, I knew you would come up with something. I guess instead of selling my last two boxes of Thin Mints I will be putting them to better (yummier) use! I was thinking of using the mint green m & ms or even Andes Mints too. Thanks for another great candy bark recipe. I also saw the Easter/Spring candy corns at Michael’s. I cannot walk by candy corn anymore without thinking of you!

8. Catherine says

Thanks for another great post – and another yummy seasonal bark idea! I have a friend whose daughter’s birthday is the 17th, and she always has a st. Paddy’s theme. This would be perfect! I can’t wait to tell her!

Just wanted to let you know I made a version of this for my neighbor/teacher treats this year. I had to work with the ingredients I could find, but it still worked out beautifully! Thanks for sharing.

Also, it’s my turn to host book club next week so I’m off to read up on some of your other bar/dessert recipes. :)

P.S. I too saw Easter corn at Fred Meyer. And if ever you’d like a specific color M&M, JoAnn’s carries a full range of colors in their baking/wedding favor section.

10. Heather says

Thank you for the new ideas on bark. I have been making bark for over 6 years now and have come up with over 20 different flavors. I was looking at your idea on the bunny bark and how you lay your items down on the pan before adding the chocolate. I have always used almond bark (chocolate or vanilla) and mixed in my ingredients but will try your way the next time I make candy.
    I am not a cook per se but love to make candy and give it out to friends and family. Thanks again for the fun new ideas!!!

Yummy! I love a good St. Patrick’s Day treat. I have three young boys, and they will love this! It’s been pinned (me and 42 thousand other people- WOW!). Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

This looks so good. We have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    We are also having a giveaway this week for a $50.00 Target Gift Card, so head over to enter.
    We hope to see you there.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

Oh my goodness…this looks so yummy! Looks like a great recipe for a St. Patty’s Day party I’m planning for some fellow homeschool families!!!

I hope you will come link this post up at my VERY FIRST Link party, the FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA! (ole!) It’s actually running now through Noon ET on Sunday!

Here is the link for you, if you’d like to come check it out! I’d love to see you there!

Thanks so much for sharing this yummy recipe! Have a great evening!

I’m with you, I normally skip St. Patty’s day too! But oh my… throw Thin Mints into anything and hand it over! Sounds so yummy and so easy!
    Thanks for linking up to this week’s Catch a Glimpse Party. I’ll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

I’ve been avoiding buying Girl Scouts but I guess I’ll have to breakdown and buy a box of thin mints so I can try to replicate your bark. That looks fabulous! Pinned it too. Stopping by from Foodtastic Friday. I also host a foodie blog hop and I would love for you to share your Leprechaun Bark at Friday Food Fight.

Your Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark will be a perfect treat for the celebration. Thank you so much for sharing this special recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

17. Leslie says

Oh yum! This looks fantastic!!

Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie

This just has to be fabulous! It’s the perfect combination for sure… Pinned! Thanks for coming to (link) party with me at Super Saturday Show & Tell :) xoxo~ Ruthie

1. [...] St. Patrick’s Day Cookie BarkMy sister-in-law makes an amazing Christmas holiday bark with white chocolate and red and green sprinkles, so when I saw this St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Bark…well I just had to to share it with her! What I love most about this recipe is that it calls for thin mint Girl Scout Cookies, I could eat a box of those by myself..shh! You could use this recipe any time of the year and just change up the color of the M&Ms, find those pastel colored ones for Easter and you’re set! [...]