The combination of flavors in these lemon white chunk cookies is delicious!
I think you know by now how I feel about lemons – I love them! You may have also picked up on the fact that I love white chocolate too and my favorite all time cookie is a chocolate chip cookie – today’s recipe is a twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie – combining three of my favorite things – lemon, white chocolate and chocolate chip cookies!
The combination of lemon and white chocolate is one I had not tried before – but it did not disappoint. The lemon in this cookie recipe is subtle but it’s there.
I found this recipe on a fun blog I visit on a regular basis – Cookie Madness
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did. After eating one, my sweet husband came up to my office and said, “These are really good!”
Try them and let me know what you think. Happy cookie baking!
PS – this dough has to be refrigerated so allow yourself some time.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature (I used salted)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar (I used regular brown sugar)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 1½ Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt (I only used ¼ tsp. since I used salted butter)
- ⅜ tsp. baking soda (this is not a typo - it is really ⅜ tsp. - just use slightly less than ½ tsp.)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. lemon extract or lemon oil
- 2 cups white chocolate chunks (You can also use chips. I bought a block of white chocolate at Trader Joes and chopped it up)
- Place the butter in a large bowl and cream at high speed until fluffy.
- Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended.
- Do not over-mix
- Add white chocolate chunks and mix till thoroughly combined
- Refrigerate batter until cold, preferably overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet and bake, turning tray once, until golden brown around edges and soft, about 12 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!